FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted: Fiat 130 Coupe

Hello,

I've been looking for a rhd coupe for some time now but all I seem to find are complete shed's or mint ones at crazy money.

Are there any rhd's for sale in very good condition at reasonable money that I may have missed? or is it just a matter of waiting!

Regards,
d

Re: Wanted: Fiat 130 Coupe

There has been quite a few for sale but you are right many are rotten and some are nice but expensive. There is that rolling shell on ebay at the moment that is described as being very clean. Perhaps this would be worth a look?

hi dan, by crazy prices,do you mean the £12,000 ? or £8,000? i agree that some are pricey, but, the good sensible cars are fetching £3,000,
a fellow member bought one off ebay (lhd) for £900, then paid £200 to transport it home, replacing damaged/broken parts plus mot work, added another £500, insurance £150, road tax,free! (stuffy!) total £1750. then there is some more body /paint repairs to see to, not major but it makes the car look smart, another 500 ish, £2250, makes a very good car worth more now, not a lot of cars for sale that are road worthy i know, but sometimes you have to spend on a half decent one,join the club, we do help each other to keep a car on the road, brian

Membership Number: oh yes,

Thanks for the replies. I will be joning the club, just assumed you needed to have a Fiat first!

I wouldn't mind spending £3000 on the right car, but finding a half decent one seems to be the problem
I did see the cars on ebay, the blue one with the leaky webasto is probably rotten and allegedly had a coming together with a tree in its early life.
The shell? what would it cost to get that back on the road, bearing in mind I have no mechanical skills whatsoever

Anyone know this one?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1976-FIAT-130-AUTO-SILVER-SALOON_W0QQitemZ250594832709QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item3a589db145

what ajob to type that out, only to find no longer listed! was the saloon a 1976 as typed? and RHD?

Works fine for me, copy and paste!

Its a silver rhd Coupe listed incorrectly as a saloon. It needs sills and possibly wings and has been off the road for 8 years.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1976-FIAT-130-AUTO-SILVER-SALOON_W0QQitemZ250594832709QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item3a589db145

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the Club! I hope you find the car you're looking for - Stiggy will help you in his own unique style I'm sure

The link worked fine for me - interesting looking car. Not sure how much work would be needed on a car like that- you might be better trying to find a sorted one for a higher price if you're not doing the work yourself. You'll soon get up to the price of a good one if you're not careful.

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

from what the vendor has written,needs a rear screen,(oh dear!) didn`t look like it did, the bottom of the doors look rusty/bad, as well, and you say you`re not handy, could add up, unless you know a tame welder/mate, where do you live dan?

I'm in Ireland.

I think I'll give this one a miss.
If I do end up buying one needing work I would have it done somewhere in the UK, as the chances of finding someone over here with any knowledge of the car would be near zero.

Hi dan, i proberly will be looking to sell my silver coupe later in the year(lhd the one stig mentioned),As i am going to restore my blue coupe and i dont want two,i entend to finish the silver one and do the paintwork,keyed on one back wing,other has a couple of scabs,this will be done next month as i fancy doing a fue shows this summer ,so if you havent found a 130 by the back end of the year drop me a line.julian

Membership Number: yes

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos