FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
128 rally

Hello to one and all....
What price would one put on a 128 Rally that has been in a dry garage for the last 20 years..? needs some restoring but believed to be all there.. an aquantance i`ve known for over 25 years has finally decided he`s never going to get round to putting the car back on the road and has offered me first refusal.. As these don`t come up for sale (how many are there actually now??) i`m at a bit of a loss on the value side... I`d always thought of £1200 as a good base but in this climate i`m not sure..Any help would be much appreciated, i`m going to see it on Sunday, not seen it for the last 20 years so don`t know what to expect... wish me luck.. thanks...

Membership Number: errrr...

Re: 128 rally

Hi; I`m certainly no expert, but the 128 Rally is an extremely rare piece of Fiat automobilia. If the car is what you say it is and the documentation all ties up, I would not be telling anyone where it is! If the car is not cornflakes and broken biscuits but repairable and all complete......Buy it. You will not lose money!!!!

Membership Number: 10521 yes that is a membership number!

You will not lose money?
That's rather optimistic it's a 2 door Fiat 128 saloon at the end of the day, unfortunately not an Abarth.
The purchase price should reflect it's condition.
If it's got rusty windscreen surrounds, sills, door bottoms, flaky rear suspension turrets and inner arches I'd offer no more than £500.
When I did mine I spent over £4,500 just on the body work and that was over 10 years ago.
Over the years mine must have cost in excess of £15,000, yes it was a very modified 2 door which was an absolute hoot to drive.
I sold it for £6,600 which is probably the most anybody in the UK has ever got for a 128 in recent years.
While a 128 Rally is in my opinion the best looking and arguably rarest 128 around it's going to be worth serious money. The best 3p won't fetch over £5,000.
So if you've got the cash or are fortunate enough to have the skills and equipment required - go for it, the world needs more 128s on the road.
Is it the White one?

Hello Michael, thanks for the insite...agree,it could easily eat money if one is not careful..when the car was last on the road the owner did tend to thrash it about, thinking it was quicker than it really was..haven`t had the chance to get to see it yet, maybe over this weekend, after AutoItalia..And yes , it is a white one.. Does this affect value..?. Oh, if you are going maybe we could meet and discuss it..? Would be nice to see one at a show again wouldn`t it.. PM your contact number , thanks...

Membership Number: errrr...

If it's the white one my father saw along long time ago It might be quite an original car.
My number's 07789 967128 give me a shout at Brooklands if you like.
I'd love to see the car too, is it Surrey way?

Like I said, you wont lose money.......... like he said, its got to be worth serious money.....doh!

Membership Number: 10521 yes that is a membership number!

So have you managed to view the 128 yet?

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos