FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad News

It is my very sad duty to let everyone know that Jo Widdrington passed away this morning, after a long battle with illness.

I would like to extend my heartfelt condolences to Tom, Robert, Andy & Kirsty.

Kirsty has asked for anyone with photographs of Jo to let her have copies, and would also like to hear any funny stories. Anyone who met Jo will have fond memories of her unbounding enthusiasm for all things Fiat, and there must be a wealth of photographs out there from years of involvement in Club activities.

It is too early for formal arrangements, but Kirsty has said that they are hoping to arrange something for a week on Wednesday, probably at lunchtime. More details will be posted when anything definite is known.

I am sure I do not need to ask people to show some sensitivity in posting any replies & in contacting the family, as this is an extremely difficult time for Tom, Robert, Andy & Kirsty in particular.

Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Re: Sad News

Just heard the sad news myself.
From all at Auto Italia we too would like to offer our condolences.
Jo was a solid friendly character who was always ready with a smile and a laugh.
She'll be greatly missed.
Michael Ward.

Its a struggle to find words, Jo was very much on our minds yesterday when we attended brooklands a big part of the usual banter was missed, she was such a wonderful person with a contagious sense of humour, and know that I and so many people will miss her,

My thoughts are with Tom, Robert, Andy & Kirsty and would like to send my sincere condolences with you all at this difficult time,

Jeni x

Membership Number: 11782

Just read the sad news of Jo's passing my thoughts and prayers are with Tom and the family at this sad time. She was such a character and full of life she will be greatly missed by us all at the Fiat Club where she always made us feel welcome and always made us laugh , i shall remember her with fondest memories and the way she made my wife Christine feel very welcome at the first meeting that we attended. I hope that we will continue to make her part of future mettings as she was and always will be a Fiat Club member. God bless her always fondest memories Franco.

Membership Number: 11979

Thanks for informing us all Gavin. A very sad day indeed. I would echo all of the words posted by others in reply. As Jen said we were indeed only yesterday laughing and joking at Brooklands and Jo's name cropped up many times in the stories.

MIKE

Membership Number: Tipo Registrar

Sad news indeed.
I never met Jo, but we did have contact via email. Her humour and good nature always came over. Our last contact shared some funny comments about the big C, what with my much loved father in law having suffered some indignities to his old body..... Jo never let on that her circumstances were severe.

I`ve no doubt that Jo will be missed and that the pain felt by those closest to her will run deep.

R.I.P.

Membership Number: 10521

Deepest sympathy to Tom and family on your sad loss.
I had known Jo for many many years and the enthusiasm she had for the club and the FIAT marque was nothing short of remarkable.

Membership Number: 7218

I was only thinking of jo while i am on holiday at a transport festival, then, i saw the message on the members page,very sad day, thought she would get through this and live on,it was nice to chat then she would say"this won`t do i have to get on" after about 1/2hr on the fone, it was allways good to see jo have a laugh and joke, at my expense most times, and others tormenting her! you will be missed. val met you and spoke to you a couple of times and thought of you as a kind,fun, lady, rest well jo, brian and val

Membership Number: yes

Tom, Robert, Andy & Kirsty, I can only echo everyone's previous comments and extend my own condolences at such a sad time for you. We will all, as will you, miss Jo greatly.
James

Membership Number: 5328

What a great lady. Over the last few months I have spent alot of time talking to Jo and she was one of the happiest and frendly people I have ever had the privalage to meet

All my thoughts go to Tom and family

Phil

A friendship of 20 years built on the strangest thing; a mutual fascination of rusty old Italian machinery.

Going to miss the banter Jo and you will never be forgotten in Cornwall

Jean & Ricky

Membership Number: Gone long ago

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos