FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Silver Flag Hillclimb, Italy - 11th, 12th & 13th June

I'm thinking of going to this years event but haven't any firm plans yet. Normally I'd get a cheap flight to Italy but given the location right up in the north it's tempting to drive. I wondered if anyone else out there was planning to go?

Membership Number: 12223

Re: Silver Flag Hillclimb, Italy - 11th, 12th & 13th June

Have been most years (shocker i know). It's a great event and is always well attended.
I've heard that 75 Abarths are already booked in.
A good, reasonable hotel to stay in is the Arda in Fiorenzuola a few kms out but has a great restaurant.
Also there's an Abarth track day at the Franciacorte track on the following Thursday, checkout www.bernimotori.com for info.

Thanks for info. I like the sound of the track day as well. How have you travelled there previously? Driving seems an option but I wonder if it's just that bit too far? Are you planning to go this year?

Membership Number: 12223

We always drive out, via Dover, across France to Mt Blanc, Aosta, Ivrea, Vercelli to Alessandria.
Always stay in motel at Fiorenzuola d'Arda, just off the autostrada, quite cheap. It would be handy to stay in Castell 'Arquato if you could get room.
Last year I missed because I was ill, 2008 went by Alfa 75ts, did 3500 miles and never missed a beat. Previous time went with a 16v Thema, only problem was water pump leaked after a massive holdup on E70 autostrada near Alessandria after a lorry accident.
The pump was fixed Monday at a little garage in Lugagnano after the event weekend for about 130 euro!
Cheaper than UK!
We then chill for a week and go to the Berzo-Demo hillclimb which has now moved and I'm not sure if it's on this year.
But, first weekend of June 5th/6th is big Monza historic meeting and should be the best turn out for Alfa 100 celebrations, also that w/end Bologna - Raticosa Hillclimb. Following w/end Silverflag.
Silverflag is not a "balls out" fast blind, only by a few people like Giordanelli in his 26r Elan, for many it's a pose, and paint dries quicker, but it's OK to see cars and excuse to eat pizza and drink wine, you can also go visit a few interesting places around, like Ferrari factory and a few museums, or chill out in Tuscany as we do. Happy Holiday!
One time a pal flew out to Bergamo,(Ryanair free!) I collected him enroute, we all stayed in the airport hotel (100euro total) and drove to motel. J.

Membership Number: hmmm

I'm going but by 72 Alfa Spider not Fiat. Look out for me and say hello it's quite a vivid colour - you won't miss it.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos