FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Info on Regata 70 Please

Hi, I have just bought a 1986 Regata 70 4 door to replace my Morris Traveller. First, can this be considered to be a `Classic`? Second, I would like to join `the right` Club, so is there one, or do I join this club? (I didn`t mean that the way it sounded), Sorry.
Third,where is the best place for `bits` like a Manual, a passenger side Mirror, etc.. AS I am `Up North` in St Helens, is there anyone local I can contact ? If anyone can help me with this lot, I would be very grateful. Frank

Re: Info on Regata 70 Please

Hello frank,
Sure its a classic 24 years old,no there isnt a regatta club ,as i found asking the same question when i bought my 1972 fiat 130 coupe,but i joined this club anyway,worth joining as i found members with the same car,and were offerd parts and advice etc.
well worth the membership fee.
julian

Membership Number: yes

Thanks for the advice Julian, my contact circle is expanding already, I spoke to Brian Stigant on the `phone today, he has a 130 along with six or seven other fiats. I have already down-loaded the form to join the club. My Regatta is due to be delivered today or tomorrow......know anyone who wants to buy an E-Class Mercedes, 1995 ? . Thanks again, Frank

nice to speak to you today frank, not scared you off yet?

Hi Stig, nice to hear from you.....at my age we forget HOW to be scared !!

Membership Number: Soon

how come the regatta is back on ebay?

I hope my Regata is not on e-bay.... It`s in my garage getting sorted and cleaned up. JBS has the passenger door mirror I was looking for, thanks to Brian S. for telling me about them. Now I just need a gutter trim for the passenger side.?.
People are telling me that there are not many Regata 70s in the UK. (I know they were not popular then), but I would love to find out just how many there are....anyone know how I go about finding out ? Please help me to satisfy my curiosity. Thanks, Frank.

glad you do have the regatta frank,why it is on ebay i can only think mike has slipped up! as to how many left, i know of 3, but the DVLA web site should help,.....p.s, i have a workshop manual and a owners manual i found on my berurex,

Hi Stig, Talk about thick, I missed the connection.... It was the 130 Registrar that clicked I may be slow, but I get there in the end. Yeah, I think Mike forgot to take the Regata off E-Bay.
I located a workshop manual, Stig, but the Owners would be handy. What do you want for it ?.

Hi Frank,

There are a few around, but not that many certainly.

I know of someone with several exhaust systems for the Regata. They will be skipped shortly as he's having a clearout & hasn't had a Regata for years. It would be a collection job but from Twickenham - anywhere near to you? Would be a shame to see them wasted.

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

HOW MANY? get them in my panda? like you say shame to dump them, how much by the way? tom widdrington`s part of the world!

the stig
HOW MANY? get them in my panda? like you say shame to dump them, how much by the way? tom widdrington`s part of the world!

Hi Stiggy,

Almost exactly Tom's part of the world - his back garden! Not sure how many, but quite a few I think - probably more than there are cars.......... If you're interested give him a bell, but don't think he's looking for much (if anything), just needs to clear space. Most things will fit in a Panda, so I'd have thought so.

Cheers, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Stiggy,dont be running about getting exhausts,you have a poorly 130(missfire) and it needs sorting,we have a show in southport soon,you dont want me to drive over and beat you up with a 130 nos front wing

Membership Number: 11998

oh no! not the the front wing! a 130 crankshalf hurts more! or the sunday times with all the supplements inside!

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos