FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear badges for Fiat 130

Hi all-

I'm on a mission this summer to finish most of the restoration of my Fiat 130. It's running well now, and will be off to the brake shop later this week so that it's ready for the road.

There are a couple of beauty items that it is missing, 2 of which are the rear badges for name and engine displacement ("Fiat 130" and "3200"). I can't seem to find any used ones, but have located a company that can make a set for me at a reasonable price.

The problem is, I've never seen any in person, so I'm not sure if the design is right. The 130 sales brochure appears to have a different design badge than the hand drawing in the parts book, and most peoples' photos of their cars are from the front, so the web hasn't been helpful in this instance.

If any of you own a 130, could you describe your badges? Are each of the letters in slanted squares, or flanked by horizontal bars?

/ F / I / A / T /

or:

----------
F I A T
----------

In either case, the "1" in 130 sits below the "T" in Fiat.

What is the height of one of the characters, or length of the badge?

Thanks for any help!

Bret

Re: Rear badges for Fiat 130

Hi Bret ,
F/I/A/T,1/3/0 the 1 is under the T
in a block ,il take a picture of my 130 coupe badge if you need it and post on here also if its a auto it has a "automatic" on the other side of the boot lid .
regards
julian

Membership Number: yes

Check out Flickr - put in a search for Fiat 130 coupe and you'll be able to see the badges.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/majorclanger/2732822918/

Hope this helps.

Chris

julian
Hi Bret ,
F/I/A/T,1/3/0 the 1 is under the T
in a block ,il take a picture of my 130 coupe badge if you need it and post on here also if its a auto it has a "automatic" on the other side of the boot lid .
regards
julian
ahh! got some on the car in the garden, secret lock-up no,1+4, could have some near the sette ( )

Hi Julian, Chris, Stig-

Thanks... that was very helpful! I found my "3200" badge, and as my car is a 5-speed, I don't think there was a third one to look for.

I drew up a design for a replacement for the "FIAT 130", and based on the photos, looks like it's just a little off. But I'll probably be the only one to know on the left side of the Atlantic. :-)

Stig, if you do have a spare one sitting around that you wouldn't mind parting with, please shoot me a message... that would be great!

If not, I think the only thing I'm missing is a reference measurement, so that I get the size close enough to right. I found a local fellow can mill one out of Aluminum for me.

Bret

Hi Bret,

The whole badge is 15.5cm long by 5cm high - so the measurement you have highlighted would be 25mm.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Bret,these turn up on ebay uk /europe for £10 each if your not in a rush for one,sure if you want one today prob £30 ish with some one who has spares,

strange there not many around,bret, will look at the ones i have soon,

Thanks again, all!

This one's not a rush, and so if a used one pops up, that price is a far cry from the cost of having one milled out.

I just realized that my uk fiat 130 badge search expired a while ago, which might explain why I haven't seen any pop up.

Bret

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos