FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On the road!!

Hi, all-

Things seemed to fall in place over the last couple of weeks, and amazingly I got my 130 Coupe on the road this weekend! A hundred or so miles of driving brought forth a few adjustments that are needed, but overall the car rides nicely, if a bit high off of the ground, and I think this may become one of my favorite highway cruisers.

Some of the work done to get it going: replaced all hoses and belts, re-timed the engine, replaced all of the underhood ignition components, replaced the brake hoses and pads, had the front calipers and master cylinder rebuilt, replaced the battery cables, drained/replaced all fluids.

2 things that remain to be done soon: First, I need to replace all of the driveshaft/half shaft universal joints, but I can't find a source or spec for the half shaft joints... Any suggestions?

Also, the clutch pedal occasionally sticks, and upon disconnection of the cable, it appears the pedal spring actually pulls the pedal toward the floor about a quarter of the way through its travel, rather than away... is this normal? The service manual doesn't describe the way it should move, or show the parts assembled.

Thanks to all that helped me get her on the road! :-)

Bret

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos