FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best Fiat 132 in UK ?

With an estimated 30-50 cars remaining in total in the UK, which covers the complete 132 range, finding top quality examples would be extremely difficult. Many have been purchased as cheap cars, and of the examples I've seen in the UK shows , I think I would class most of them as being highly presentable rather than concours.

However, take a look at this beauty, UK based and I believe in current use;(anybody in our club?)

Membership Number: 10962

Re: Best Fiat 132 in UK ?

Certainly is a nice one. Belongs to a chap in the north east I believe. Are you still a 132 owner Martin or did you sell yours?

Sold the 132 to the same Italian gent who bought your blue 1800ES, so he has both a blue and silver example- just needs a Gold one to complete the set! I was not finding time to do the restoration , still the case now, so looking for a car without heavy restoration /remedial work involved. Love the look of this green 1600-very nice.

I have the time but no money or inclination at the moment!

There was a guy in Ireland who had a gold 1800ES. I think it was for sale not sure if it sold. Will try to find out.

I still have my 132 2000 which I plan to restore one day!

I`ve never been "close up" to a 132 and this one really looks tidy. Love the dashboard, those old car mantlepieces have such a practical neat appearance about them. And the gear-stick is in its proper place on the floor. Modern car instrumentation and dashboards are just "neon back-lit-digital-warning-light-illumination-centres" and a bloody gearstick poking out the middle.
(sorry to go off there at a tangent..........)

Membership Number: 10521 yes that is a membership number!

Re the Gold ES - That one came on the market as I sold my silver car. 132's are a bit like buses in that respect , don't see one in absolutely ages,then..............several arrive at once. It was ironic it was an ES model as well. If I remember rightly, it too, was a restoration project . I asked the new owner of mine, if he was going to consider the gold one as well, to make a full set, but he said he preferred the silver and blue cars. Thought all three colour schemes were smart myself though.

Re dashboard instrumentation. -- Love the beautiful functional layouts of the sixties and early seventies cars. In particular the individual clock/ dial layouts that preceeded the instruments that were grouped together behind one glazed panel as in later designs. The Italians stylists started to get a bit head strong during this phase with opposite rotating dials (Alfa Guilietta), quadrant dials (132) etc; Modern cars need to look back to see styling clarity and function as an abject lesson. My Citroen C3 has digital speedo , no temp gauge at all, yet has a bar code arrangement for the fuel contents (prefer a dial) , plus a separate digital arrangement to tell you mileage left in the tank , average consumption (which I don't believe).

Back to this 132 -- I take it has been restored and if from north east of country , quite possibly a Trentside Garage / Mal Nicholson resto, I should imagine.

I don't think it has been restored as far as I can remember. I was in contact with the owner I should see if I still have the contact details.

The gold one sold I'm told.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos