FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scruffy alloys

Been in the garage this weekend clearing up my hoards of 127 spares and freeing up the Palio. Got to do this, as I am now in a determined phase of getting rid of one of my projects. My 127 Palio is now free of all the gubbins around it and upon it. (its amazing what you can cram in a small car that has had its interior removed) I proudly announced to my wife that the Palio was free and able to be pushed in and out of the garage. With all the enthusiasm she could muster she answered "yes dear".

Anyway to the point of this posting.....At great expense I had the Palio wheels refurbished locally and was thinking of having the same done to the X19 wheels that are planned for the 1300GT. However, the anxiety on my wallet overcame me and I decided to have a go myself with the X19 wheels; all five of `em. The main Eyesore is the outer edges which have clipped and rubbed kerbs. There were no large chunks chipped off or cracks, so I got out me flat barrrstad file(had to spell it like that the forum won`t let me use the word *******) and smoothed everything out. I followed up with a smoother file and finished with 80grit wet and dry and finished with 320. All five wheels have little or no scratches or pitting to the faces, so I used 80grit to clean off the worst and finished with 320.

3 hours later I had 5 very respectable looking X19 wheels, some sore fingers, aches and black dusty hands; but it had cost me nuffink!! All that remains is for me to purchase some silver aerosols and clear laquer and Bobs yer uncle..............

Membership Number: 10521 yes that is a membership number!

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos