FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FIAT 127 REAR SHOCK NEEDED!

Hi my 1976 127 needs a rear shock absorber to pass its MOT. I'm fairly desperate to find one as I've driven from Portsmouth to Whitby to collect it tomorrow after a prolonged spell in the garage getting painted. Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell in the Yorks/NE area or does anyone know where I could buy one (The garage has tried the usual places). Ideally I need it today!!!

PS the place in Leeds advertising on ebay haven't actually got any.

Re: FIAT 127 REAR SHOCK NEEDED!

I think I've found some, will post again if it proves a false trail!

Found some NOS in Alnwick. They were £40 the pair (and about the same in petrol to go and get them!)

Its been interesting how many ads on ebay for car parts are placed when the seller knowingly hasn't got the item in stock. Its a bit naughty really. I guess they just refund your money if you "buy" and they find they can't get it, but its a waste of time and makes it more difficult to find the real ads.

Anway I'll stop talking to myself now....

well done! think i have some used ones, but nos! can`t be bad

Membership Number: yes

This German site seems to offer a bunch of options:

http://seekpart24.com/fiat/127-71/0-9-2/shock-absorber-100121

The car feels so much better with the new rears I might try them for some front ones!

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos