FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ouch is dead.

tthe ex neil clark,ouh***m and currently owned by your 130 leader, burst into flames at 2.55am this after noon,then the cambelt snapped! was brought home on a flat back truck (thanks AA) great breakdown cover from peter james insurance,

Membership Number: yes

Re: ouch is dead.

The cambelt snapped AFTER the car was in flames? Were you still driving?

i had just parked up, went boom! petrol was pouring down the front of the engine, and was burning near the crank, after putting the fire out.i turned the engine over on the starter then, it stopped,so took the top cover off the cam housing,belt felt loose,turned it round by hand and the belt came off, whoops! left it for now.

have been working on ouch, sat and today,took the cam boxes and the heads off, found 2 bent valves and traces of previous valve damage, need to find the gasket set and the valves i have (somewhere!)

Keep at it stiggy,we have shows booked this year !.you have to sort it !,i will be round to your house next week to check up on the progress

shows booked, yes,engine to put back together err, when i find the bits! and, a mot test in march (11th)won`t be here next week,leaving the country going to fiat 130 land!
stop press!!!! bought another 130 engine and box!

found the valves last night, in a box with a new dizzy cap, and points sets, will have a go saturday, still need to find gasket set!

so,put 2 new valves in the head, and cleaned up the heads, block, checked the carb over,Today, cleaned the toothed pulleys and the V pulley,put both the heads and the manifolds on,(inlet and exhaust). will do some more this week, getting there,
oh! btw, found some gaskets,(2 head gaskets) not all of them, in a cupboard in my shed, didn`t remember having these, still need to find the other set sometime.

Re: ouch is dead ish! on the way back

last week, and part of this week I have been cleaning the camshaft boxes,cleaned up the carburetter, check the diapham,put the cam boxes on,one with paper gasket, one with polysulphate (big mistake) while waiting for the full gasket set to turn up, ANC/Fedex have a lot to answer for after puting a mythical card thru my door! then find 2 paper gaskets are missing out off the set, allready had drawn round the one i had,so took it to a friend`s who punched the holes and cut it out,as she has all the gear with making cards. put the timing belt back on, put some of the fuel pipes on,went to lock up 4 to get another water sensor off a head, take 2 carbs and a cam lid which has the kick down switch on, as mine was poorly soldered and the wires were off,or barely solderd! and a clip to hold the carb linkage on, had to buy another set of feeler guages, as my others had gone rusty some how (strange that one) and now find VERY tight clearance (like .15-.20mm) should be 40,inlet, 45,exhaust, oh bother!

Re: ouch is dead. ouch has risen!

the stig
shows booked, yes,engine to put back together err, when i find the bits! and, a mot test in march (11th)won`t be here next week,leaving the country going to fiat 130 land!
stop press!!!! bought another 130 engine and box!

put the plugs in,new ignition leads, fuel pipes, and the water hoses on,last night ouch started up briefly, so left it till this morning......now running! yipee! a bit tappy but hey! they were never quiet! erm ....need some water in now whoops!

well.this after noon, spent 4 hrs on the final furlong, adjusted the tick over, checked the timing, just out by 1/8 off the timming mark, put more water in (half a gallon!!) put the air filter case back on, then the top lid,put the nut and bolt back on the gearbox to exhaust mount, change the wheel on the back, checked the lights work,one poor earth connection! clean up the engine bay, all done! so have taken ouch to the compound (shhh) and will see if i can get a MOT test done tomorrow,

Good stuff. Pics?

Brooklands?

really mr.nelson! youwant pictures of my engine in a state of dismantled?
I am an artist! not too good at putting pictures on here!
brooklands? in a 130! pass me the smelling salts!!!! lol, no I won`t be going,clashes with a 3 day show and victorian weekend I`m doing in Llandudno,north wales.

not for long! mot test, the tester put holes in the cills and pulled off a piece, some how i don`t think the MOT hammer was heavy enough to put the holes in, more like a engineering ball pein hammer, i tried with hard straight jabs with my fingers and didn`t go thru,got huffy with me said i could appeal! i told him i thought he used more than a mot hammer! so, ouch has gone into lock up 3 while i make enquires about repairs/cost, and see about making up some cills 2 metres long

fixing the siezied rear calipers again tonight, done one last night, ouch will then be off to the seaside, (blackpool) oh! I do like to be beside the seaside......

How is Ouch? xx

Membership Number: ???? never can recall!

ouch is in blackpool, awaiting surgery on friday (poss), new cills will be delivered on friday,and some more work on the box sections, has even had a drive down the south shore, during the day she`s parked next to a manchester registered BMW for company if homesick,(!)

the stig
ouch is in blackpool, awaiting surgery on friday (poss), new cills will be delivered on friday,and some more work on the box sections, has even had a drive down the south shore, during the day she`s parked next to a manchester registered BMW for company if homesick,(!)

cills delivered, wrong pattern! asked where the template was that they should have used" erm lost it" sent them back,so,new ones made might have been delivered last friday, to start again, classic car show at hoghton tower 26 june, be there?

repairs nearly done, MOT retest this week,

been getting text messages this evening."ouch wants his daddy" "it wants it`s daddy back" you allready have 2 130`s so.........bog off!

the stig/130 registrar,

erm...the cill didn`t fit, no 4 being made, should have been delivered early last week, so......
oh! and the road tax is running out! (paying for unfortualy)

the stig/130 registrar,
the stig/130 registrar,

erm...the cill didn`t fit, no 4 being made, should have been delivered early last week, so......
oh! and the road tax is running out! (paying for unfortualy)

news update! ouch is 3/4 finished, then MOT time! on SORN now!

ouch, no work done! sat in mot bay! (soon to be open for business) tourist attraction, weather changing! 7 litres of paraflu (eeek!) needed! (£6.95/litre plus postage £5.70! ( thinks I`ll phone jbs,

If you find a cheap source of Paraflu please let me know Stiggy. I need to refill about 7 cars, or is that 8, or............ Anyway I need a tanker load of the stuff, and can't remortgage at present

Gavin

Membership Number: 5260

Gavin
If you find a cheap source of Paraflu please let me know Stiggy. I need to refill about 7 cars, or is that 8, or............ Anyway I need a tanker load of the stuff, and can't remortgage at present

Gavin

how much do you need gavin? 24 litres? i need 24litres just for 4 cars,
will ask later tomorrow,
neil is rumoured to have his own 45 gallon drum at filce`s.

still there, anti freeze going in soon (!), new cills are next to the bosses desk! tourist attraction

still there, cills closer to the car,antifreeze gone in,engine run up to tempature,ok, was going to send ouch a christmass card! ,golden mile now extended another 1/2 mile to take in a motoring attraction!

work on ouch has started up, as of the 16th march the new cills are on, today (19th), they have been painted and stone chip applied, not heard if ouch went for a mot test later today or will go tuesday! booked to goto a indoor show this weekend, setup day friday!
and.....still in blackpool!

found out that ouch had failed the mot on... 2 holes !,handbrake stuck!( not surprising since it`s not moved for 9 months!) and the rubber cover on the track-rod end (ehh?) work finished today and......MOT PASS!!!!
road tax tomorrow at post office (in blackpool) so... after 10 months off road ouch is back on the road!!! and off to the manchester classic car show this weekend at the trafford centre, about 1 1/2 mile from me! yey!
have a trip to croydon in september in the 130 for a wed-wed-do,

ouch threw a strop after the show, slow acceleration from the lights, not sure what it is, back in lock-up 3, will look at ouch this week!

thats an odd one! petrol pump?

Membership Number: 9428

will have a look at that as well! thanks

finaly got to look at ouch for a few hrs, rather than a hr, put new points in, condenser, no spark, took dizzy out, and closer look revealed touching spade to the body! , now sparks, going to take some plugs heated up,with me, should start. if not..........rupert will be teaching ouch not to throw strops, then........for sale on ebay......needs dizzy,carburetter, (depends how bad tempered i get!)

it wants its daddy back....

Membership Number: 9289

Fiat 2300
it wants its daddy back....

8-p to you! rupert is waiting!

well had a session tonight, checked the timing again, checked the ignition, have a spark,but was spliting back, or loud bang. then thought struck me. plugs! not been changed, had some new old stock of 3, i put in, will get 6 brand new ones, otherwise the car goes..... and the road tax goes back for refund!

strang this problem...can me much to go wrong on it? its not the carb flooding it? (have a new on in my collections box!)

new plugs in, still spiting back and bangs, went home to pick up dizzy and leads off the blue 130, checked which lead went to the plugs, now turns over no bangs, leads crossed? had to call it a night at 8.50, kiddies in bed near to the lockup-ups, will see tomorrow night

Hi stiggy

It sounds like you have a couple of the leads switched over or set 180 degress out if that makes sense on a 6cylider?.

I would be inclined to take all plugs out and set the engine to tdc and get some garden hose and blow into the spark plug hole with it and see which cylinder is holding pressure, that one must be on firing position or there abouts then workout your firing order from there(from a handbook) by turning the engine 120 degrees and check the garden hose pressure method again then keep turning 120 degrees till youve done 720 degrees.

i hope this makes sense, if it doesnt then please ignore me

regards

Tim

Membership Number: 5222

hi tim. i was wondering if the timimg is out i.e.120 out. need a rethink, warmed the plugs up. still not running when tried tonight,will try your idea, thanks, gave up tonight, packed my tools up and, took them home, had enough! was trying to get the 130 to tatton park on sunday, had a pass, , also have painfull upper chest pains. seeing dr, thurs night.

thats what i was pondering Tim. as the engine is so simple and not much to go wrong! it could be the carb flooding, but timing being out would give the issues you are having

cheers neil, think you and tim have found the problem will go to the lock up friday afternoon, see what happens,

OUCH LIVES! thank you to tim, neil and his mechanic, sometimes another person looking at the problem can make all the differrence, was 180 degress out! firing on no.5, when the rotor was at no 1, thanks lads

due to go to fiat2300 wedding next saturday, will be going friday. neil expecting ouch(130 coupe) to be there. (shhh! panda 2 looks like my mode of transport) Gavin says 130`s are unreliable! (scandlous acusation! ) but the 130`s in question were suffering electrics problems, and N.E.C. itas,a curse of showing a old car! at the time

water leaking in through top of screen with the delugue we have been having here in manchester,
neigbour has pulled off the corner rubber bumper on drivers side rear, while moving out in her car. .

I have a good condition end cap today, my pal and fellow 130 owner julian greenhalgh,sold me a good one, looks like it`s only been on a car for 5 yrs or so,then stored, thanks julian put some sealer in the joint at the top of the front screen, so, should seal , must go for a drive,

well! hi there 130 owners! 6 months since a update! was running ok, used every 2 weeks,or started up,
snow on the roads? no move at all!!. end of march, bin truck hit the offside front wing,(no-one saw it, but could tell it was them! drove off,of course!) pulled end cap round, and into the lower part of the wing, big chunk of filler fell off! now repaired, had a used end cap, needed to put a new threaded stud in place,to make good, repaint,(on grand national day! only sunny, no wind, day for 2 weeks!) checking/cleaning up electric`s to front lights to work,rust killer on some places, recoat underseal, MOT due 2 weeks ago!.
not running too well, cuts out while still cold, better when warm, a fellow 130 owner(the closet 130 owner!)
had the same problem, diapham in pump unit he found, will looks there!, at present the headlights are the problem! insides not shiny any more, faded, MOT station advised them last year, , but, taking to a station near me this year. (not! the one in the next street to me! neil ) will have to see what i have in bits , see what happens

had a look at the idle jet diapham on weds night,took the big air filter off, pressed the linkage and...petrol squirted out of the side of the diapham housing...oh bother! had a walk to lock-up 4, found a carburettor, back home, swapped the diagham,no leak! will need to see how to make the engine run leaner now,screw the idle jets in then see, running tooo rich. still have the headlights to see to,

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos