FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Web Pages

Is there a chance, any time soon, that the background colour for the site can be changed to something more pleasing to the eye, and the brain ?.

To say it makes for an unappealing visit is an understatement - and I doubt if it comes anywhere close to being DDA compliant (ie:- it isnt).

Blue is pretty - but not on FMC GB !.

Re: Web Pages

Hi Jon,

What specific part of the Equality Act 2010 (DDA has largely been superceded) do you think it breaches & we will look into it?

I couldn't see anything regarding website colours when I looked, but surely any colour will discriminate against someone with issues meaning they struggle with that given colour? There is certainly no intention to discriminate against anyone as I'm sure you appreciate.

Dark blue is the official Club colour so I'm sure that's why it was originally chosen. What specific colour scheme do you suggest for your circumstances and we can consider it? This is the first time I'm aware of anyone with a disability questioning the colour.

Best wishes,

Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Here's a surprising post. I'd never considered this might be a problem and quite like the blue background - a pleasant change from the standard white background with black type.

Let's have a poll, what colours would others like to see?

As a dedicated Fiat fan, have you tried rose-tinted spectacles? Works for me.

Membership Number: 4815

Black, purple, with a hint of red here and there ............

Membership Number: 11782

yes the Equality Act is the latest statute, but DDA is a better known buzzword still.

Its not really non compliant as FMC is not a business so free to do what and when FMC decides.

Websafe colours - the White text on this particular Blue is a difficult contrast and could be made better. I recognise the club colour is important but how about keeping the web page colour as-is but altering the text area to provide a more significant contrast between the two colours. Also I would suggest the font size increase a point or two.

I cant get hold of all the colour compliance info at the moment but will do some digging around if that would be of any use and send over by PM to you ?

I know RNIB had a project (Project rainbow) instigated to do with the attributes of colour and contrast in the built environment (ie offices and buildings) which all the big paint suppliers embrace but there are other guidance around for screen and web compliances.

Many of the better Companies have option buttons on their home pages for persons to see content pages in a 'DDA compliant' way so that firms can still have all the glamour and glitz on the normal pages whilst still being non discriminatory to those who have an alternative reading ability.

An american DDA compliance publication, but have a quick gander at this link page down the bottom

http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20101014/working-examples/G183/link-contrast.html

Jon

Hi Jon,

Suggestions welcome on colour schemes, but anything at a cost will be out unfortunately. The website does not get heavy traffic but more importantly is maintained by Theo as an unpaid volunteer - and very grateful we are. The Club doesn't have any money to revamp the website commercially but if there is an issue & Theo can change the colour scheme easily we will look into it.

Maybe you would like to email your specific suggestions to me, and I will pass it to Theo to look at?

And thank you for likening us to firms with glamour & glitz - albeit unintentional, I will take the compliment!

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos