FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STANFORD HALL

Hi Guys, appologies for not turning up today with the 130 Coupe, weather was bad & I didn't want it to get wet as the undeside has all been polished! Dry car only I'm afraid, Shame.

Membership Number: 455

Re: STANFORD HALL

Shouldn't worry Rob as Gavin parked in the middle of the Fiat Forum brigade.

To be more exact the 2 twin blue Mk1 Panda's were parked together in a line of Panda's (others also from the FMC) for a very rare photo shoot!!

What's that got to do with the price of fish anyway? It's not some sort of competition, and all the FF & FMC Fiat's were invited to park together which is why everyone was together......

Photobucket

Membership Number: 5260

Any 130 coupe's there? Pics anyone? Did Auto Italia mention the 130 at all being its 40th birthday?

Membership Number: 455

There were 2 Rob - one in the Concours and one parked down with us. Jeni may have photos - my SD card was full though.

Gavin

Membership Number: 5260

only 2 130`s? fair weather only? this makes us look like the the jag and MG clubs who sense rain won`t move out, or clear a field in 30 seconds flat! was attendance good today? or did the super cars stay away? and leave the show to the lessor models
were most the members of the fiat motorclub together?

Membership Number: yes

Hi All,

Made the near 700 mile round trip from Cornwall in the 130 and it was a really great day out. Set off before 5 am and arrived just before 10. Gave The Don a dust down as he was selected for the concourse area, and to my surprise I came away with the trophy for best fiat - 1970 to '89. Result! Even breat a very tidy Strada TC that belonged to a friend of mine
On the run home encountered hideous end of half term break traffic, massive traffic jams and torrential rain but the event was worth it. Met two fellow 130 Coupe owners and a couple of former owners, and The Don attracted a lot of attention.

Maybe we could plan a 40th anniversary get together somewhere centrally located for later in the summer? Maybe MITCAR? Any suggestions?

Cheers

Chris

Photobucket

Photobucket

well done chris, saw a photo of another silver 130 on the fiat forum stand, wly***m, seems this is a reregisterd number, what no. did it start out with? don`t tell me...a 1969 plate ....
you did some traveling chris,, MITCAR? could do, will look tomorrow night bit late , burnt my candle too much.

The other silver car belonged to a really nice guy from Leicester who has had the car since 1979. He was a knowledgeable owner and passed on some really useful tips on the 130. Also had a long chat with Bob, who wasn't in his 130.
At the end, met someone who claimed to have a stash of original body panels... mysterious! Will investigate.

Cheers

Chris

leicester? i drove the 130 around the town centre when i took my daughter back to uni, just shows what helpfull bunch we 130 owners are,and you spoke to big bob?re;panels, did the man leave you contact details? or just talk? like you say mysterious,

Well stiggy there are a fue rust free doors/boots and bonnets,and nos wing/front panel ,ready for the blue coupe when i have the time ,interesting if other panels are avalible

Membership Number: just run out

A great day at Stanford, great to meet fellow panda owners and fiat forum made us feel very welcome (strike me down for saying that if you please)
Heres some pics ......

Gavin preys to a panda

I think theyre like buses, dont get one for ages then two turn up !!

Sweet looking 500

Lovely Lancia

Nice Palio

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos