FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retro Fiat's at the Pod!

Had a great day at the Retro Show Santa Pod. Pete & I tagged onto the noskooljustcool.com stand which was right next to the strip - thanks to them for making us welcome!

A few pics of some of the Fiat's I found are attached for your viewing pleasure!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Membership Number: 5260

Re: Retro Fiat's at the Pod!

Can't believe no ones mentioned your Strada Gavin!Was a good day though with a good mix of cars on the stand.

Membership Number: 12048

Pete
Can't believe no ones mentioned your Strada Gavin!Was a good day though with a good mix of cars on the stand.

so this is project X

Membership Number: yes

I've not seen that Strada before - Looks lovely - clean and standard ...especially in the solid blue colour. Does it belong to someone on here.

I'd love to see more pictures....Is it a 65 or 75?

Thanks Kevin. Yes it's my latest secret project..... It's a 65CL dragged from a lock-up after 22 years! Apart from recommissioning and having a wash & polish it's pretty much as found - the wing was dented pulling it from the junk, but my superb dent guy did a great paintless job on it. I replaced the c1981 tyres even though they passed an MOT , and they are new wheels as I found them on Ebay Italy for not much more than a good refurb of the slightly rusty originals!

Some more pics for you - click on the thumbnails to make them bigger.

Regards, Gavin.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lovely car, what a great find. I wish I could find a series 2 131 supermirafiori like that

What a stunner - A really lucky find there. I much prefer the series 1 to the later versions, especially with the darker bumpers and the "normal" door mirrors and a "normal" colour. Finding those "new" wheels must have been a great feeling. I've done exactly the same with the wheels on my 131 Sport.

Can you say more about the condition and history? How many miles, any rust, how does it drive, etc?

I too much prefer the series 1 Strada

Thanks for the kind comments

It really doesn't seem to have any rust, at least I haven't found anything much yet. There are a few paint marks etc, and it looks like some paint has been repaired (not brilliant) round one of the door handles (possibly from an attempted break in). Some of the bumper colour has peeled in a couple of small places on the edge, so I'll try to match it in. Just honest which is what really appeals.

Inside hardly looks sat in, but then again it hasn't! The car seems to run really smoothly but the first journey proper was to Santa Pod, so I'm hoping it doesn't have any big problems from long storage - I think the radiator needs a good flush as something strange seeped out of the top hose, so fingers crossed for just a build up of sludge. It went over 10,000 miles on the way there, so not a lot of use.

The first owner was an elderly gent who refused to let it go and stored it until he passed away - a relative saved it from the scrapyard where everyone else was planning to send it and he sold it on to me. I was so pleased to find it was a mk1 as he didn't know when I asked & couldn't remember how many headlights - not quite the scraggy rusty mk2 I'd expected under the cover

Cheers, Gavin.

Hi Gavin
It may be of some help but i found a good bumper repair system recently for the grey type plastic bumpers, i also found out a better way of useing it than you would normally expect.
If you wish to see the results then you are welcome to come and look at our multipla (x reg) and i can run through it with you.

Tim Milnes

Membership Number: 5222

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos