FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
will anyone help?, there seems to be a lack of it

I have tried to get information on re-building my 600 but there seems to be in this club a lack of wanting to help or is it just me not understanding that there isn't anyone in the club willing or capable of doing this

Membership Number: 12244

Re: will anyone help?, there seems to be a lack of it

Hi Charles,

We did speak last year about this & I know that one of our registrars has spent quite a bit of time trying to help you with this even though it is not a car he was an expert on (and wasn't really the registrar for).

Unfortunately you are asking to see a rare car, which is extremely difficult to help you with. People have tried to help, but don't have the information you need - it's a case of can't not won't!

Have you tried speaking to Felice or Franco at Ricambio? They are very helpful & knowledgable, and also have access to microfische diagrams I think (certainly Franco could look up an obscure 127 part for me recently).

Have you sent a specific request to go into Parliamo, ideally with a (high res) photo of what your problem is? As you are aware very few people are using the website, so this is probably not the best method of communication.

I understood it was likely you had the wrong lights or surrounds, meaning that the 2 wouldn't fit together? Am I right in thinking you have now ruled this out?

I hope this helps.

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Charles Robinson
I have tried to get information on re-building my 600 but there seems to be in this club a lack of wanting to help or is it just me not understanding that there isn't anyone in the club willing or capable of doing this

It's both actually.
This used to be a good club but not anymore I'm afraid!!

I'm e-mailed you the photos directly as I couldn't work out how to upload them here.

I am wondering myself what to do, I have been asking for a year now fo helpAND NO ONE HAS COME FOREWARD TO HELP UNTIL THE LAST 3DAYS im also in the Matra club as we have an old Rancho if you have any problems they are falling over themselves to help. as proven on our last weekend away with them. ,I am now in contact with Leo who has the same car, so we will see

Im afraid you are wrong, until the last 3days no one has been of help
. Regarding the lfront lights I was supplied with the wrong inner housing which were unfortuantly welded then sprayed before the problem was realised, this is what im trying to get information on . I am now in contact with Leo so hopefully I will get somewhere. The wrong parts was supplied by a dealer who advertisers in the mag. I am in contact with Franco and in the proccess of getting parts from him and he is giving me help. Im afraid I have had more help from members of other clubs than the Fiat club

Charles Robinson
I am wondering myself what to do, I have been asking for a year now fo helpAND NO ONE HAS COME FOREWARD TO HELP UNTIL THE LAST 3DAYS im also in the Matra club as we have an old Rancho if you have any problems they are falling over themselves to help. as proven on our last weekend away with them. ,I am now in contact with Leo who has the same car, so we will see

i met you at the nec last november charles, i did get a contact of a 600 owner, but it turned out yours is the suicide door model where as pauls was a standard door, so I DID TRY TO HELP even though it was a model i`m the not registrar for, saying no-one has not helped is a bit harsh!
also the clown who will not be renewing should not hide behind a screen,

Membership Number: yes

the stig
Charles Robinson

i met you at the nec last november charles, i did get a contact of a 600 owner, but it turned out yours is the suicide door model where as pauls was a standard door, so I DID TRY TO HELP even though it was a model i`m the not registrar for, saying no-one has not helped is a bit harsh!
also the clown who will not be renewing should not hide behind a screen,

Well said Stiggy. And I also take exception to this, as I personally spent several hours trying to find help for Charles, as did Peter I believe.

Additionally Tony (600 Multipla registrar) did everything he could to help with the problem, and was very upset at Charles' attitude & comments when he had spent so much time trying to assist on a model he doesn't really act as registrar for!

The problem seems to be a bodged car, so hopefully Franco can supply the right bits for you to sort it.

Membership Number: 5260

Bodged Car!!!
As you have not taken the time to come and view my car I must accept that you are talking about your own car or must we assume that you think that all Fiats are bodged jobs?
Peter? who?

Charles Robinson
Bodged Car!!!
As you have not taken the time to come and view my car I must accept that you are talking about your own car or must we assume that you think that all Fiats are bodged jobs?
Peter? who?

Not having a 600 myself (just a 2300S amongst others) I have not partaken in viewing this thread until now and it does appear to have become an unhappy thread. Shame.

I bought my car as a project and did not once demand immediate attention from anyone to further its restoration. If I gleaned information from others I was grateful and perhaps thats the only observation on threads such as this that should be made, and not to make unwarranted gripes because responses are not as expected/demanded.

Deep breath everyone, put personals back into the box and get back to a meaningful narrative.
You know it makes sense

12 months no info, but you are right, but it did work!

Charles Robinson
12 months no info, but you are right, but it did work!

WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON HERE?

I'm with Jon H

Membership Number: 11553-124 sport registrar

Nothing I hope, Im happy, its been interesting. Now I have some info Im just going into the garage to look in wonder at a new wiring loom (as my car came with no wires anywhere) the loom is for a L/H & mine is R/H (so some wires are longer & some Shorter than they should be & also there are cables missing & some colours are not the same as the wireing diagram & as im not an auto-electrician its a very slow job but at least it takes my mind off the front headlights, as I say Im happy & having fun

Keep smiling Charles

At least someone's happy

Know didly squat about 600 but heh it's a Sei

Membership Number: 11553-124 sport registrar

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos