FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thankyou

While it has been interesting and quite amussing to have been slagged of in the Forum with all the people who have helped me! I feel the time would have been better spent in trying to help me to find contacts, information so I could continue with my project which I thought that was the whole idea of the club to help each other.
But the good news is that through my Post I have found someone with the same car as mine and is willing to let me go and see it, so at last I will be able to see how & where everything fits.
I must also thank all the people who have emailed me direct with information which was gratefully recieved. So armed with all the new information its on with the re-build.
Does anyone know an auto-electrician?

Membership Number: 12244

Re: Thankyou

Hi Charles

I don't sadly know any auto electricians but after reading the other post notes on wiring difficulties i thought i would let you know that I recently had to use a fiat 850 s2 spyder wiring loom in a fiat 850 coupe s1, so all the dashboard was different and the external is not exactly the same, as well as convert to dynamo from alternator.
Now, my approach was to view the loom as individual circuits only, ie
charge circuit
lights
ignition
indicators
If you view them separately it simplifies them.
if you set up one fuse first then move onto the next one
I hope this helps
Tim Milnes
Im no electrician, i repair and fit double glazing for a living and yes i do run a Fiat van

Membership Number: 5222

Thanks Tim, What im doing is that ive started in the boot/engine, I have hopefully now wired the engine compartment and the rear lights, I have worked out the front lights and now that I have managed to buy all the dashboard switches & indicator lights etc which was all missing, I will be starting on them tomorrow so a cramped uncomfortable day to look foreward to.

Membership Number: 12244

Hows the wireing puzzel doing, i had a look at my work shop books ,all i have is a Serviemans Digest from 1960, (which is a basic guide to the fiat 500. 600, 1800, 1200, and 1100, ) alas no wiring plans in it,

Membership Number: can recall!

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos