FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Registering imported cars

I have bought and imported 1 1953 Topolino, 1 1960 Seicento and two Giardinieri. One Giardiniera will require some work but the other cars are fully restored and ready for sale, subject to registration and MOT. The Topolino has no paperwork as it was a museum exhibit but the other cars do. Anyone out there got any tips of the registration process? I'm keen to get these beautiful cars sorted and sold before I become too attached to them and decide they're too nice to sell! Thanks, Michael

Re: Registering imported cars

I imported a car from Italy a few years ago and simply got it MOt'd on the chassis number, filled in the form from DVLA and sent it in with the Italian registration book. It was very easy because the car was old and was coming from an EU country. Would be worth looking on the DVLA website to check out the latest guidance -http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_4022583

Membership Number: 5328

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos