FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
130 Help!

Hello again,

Well while my daily has been in for paint (cough) I have been using the 130 Coupe for a week now and I have to say I never get tired of the reaction from mates and other random members of the public.

But now it comes time to get the serious work of the winter underway and I need any help and advice I can get.

Just done 60k so I am keen to do a cambelt service but the guys at JBS can only source a 1" belt at the moment and they think it should be 1" 1/4, anybody have any experience of this.

The wheels are not pretty and I wondered does anybody know the PCD, i must admit I was surprised it was 5 stud.

As the heater has been bypassed and the AC disconnected I thought it should go into the hands of a professional to sort, anybody make any recommendations?

Thanks in advance, I am coming to the NEC so I can buy you a pint to say thanks

Re: 130 Help!

hi pete,will check the size of the cambelt against the one i have, and the PCD,which is the same as the fiat dino 2.4(used 130 suspension anyway) not at home at present, a fellow member is painting the spokes to stand out more,like rostyles. see you at the N.E.C.

the stig
hi pete,will check the size of the cambelt against the one i have, and the PCD,which is the same as the fiat dino 2.4(used 130 suspension anyway) not at home at present, a fellow member is painting the spokes to stand out more,like rostyles. see you at the N.E.C.
The cambelt is 1" wide, measured my spare one,

Membership Number: yes

Hi, all-

I've been away for a few months, but Spring has made it's way to Detroit, and thoughts are returning to the cars.

On the wheel size, the Fiat 130 has a 5 x 108 wheel bolt pattern shared with Ferrari and a few other cars. Most of the current users of this pattern are front-wheel drive, and so the wheel offset isn't correct for the 130.

I found a set of 16" Ferrari 400i wheels that I used on my coupe, and the classic 5-spoke pattern looks right at home on it. The 328 wheels might also work, however it has different wheel widths front to rear, and I wasn't certain that the rear wheels would fit under the fender of at 130, so I didn't head down that route (7.5" front width, 8" rear). My car is running on 215/55R16 tires, which are on the hairy edge of fitting the front. Note that earlier Ferrari 400i and 308/328 used a metric wheel size that should be avoided due to tire cost.

Here's an example of a new wheel being sold in the UK that might look great on a 130, available in 5 x 108, RWD, 7.5" width:

http://www.turrifftyres.co.uk/media/1411

This reminds me... I'm in need of a set of 4 of the original coupe wheel caps. Turns out that these pop right in to the Ferrari wheels, and I hadn't thought to try it until I took the photo below. As the car was never sold in the US, I can't find them here and I'm missing a few. If anyone knows where I can find a set, please shoot me a message.

Bret

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos