FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I want to trace a soft top Fiat that we owned in the 1950's

Good afternoon,

My mother owned a soft top Fiat in the mid / late 1950's - I have a couple of photographs and the first part of the registration number. I understand the car may have had quite an interesting history, but I can't be sure. I have recently found the photographs and would like to know more. If I knew how to put them on this forum I would, alternatively, if anybody would like a picture, I will gladly email it.

If you have, thanks for reading this.

Tim Robinson

Re: I want to trace a soft top Fiat that we owned in the 1950's

Tim Robinson
Good afternoon,

If I knew how to put them on this forum I would, alternatively, if anybody would like a picture, I will gladly email it.

Tim Robinson

Hello Tim,

If you'd like to email me the photograph(s) to theo@fiatmotorclubgb.com I'll gladly post it/them here for you.

Membership Number: 8946

Here are the photos:

Membership Number: 8946

very neat soft top,wonder if steve denning has some info on the coach builder!

Membership Number: yes

a smith special?

Membership Number: yes

1939.Fiat 1100 cabriolet coachwork by Ranalah. Morden London. Usually came in as chassis only & then fitted with English coachwork.
Reg no FXX is 1939 issue London.
Engine is ohv 1100 as introduced for the 1100 in 1937 and used up until the 124 model in the 1960's.
There was a similar model recently on ebay mis-described as a 1934 508 Balilla which it was not ! ebay item find it in "completed listings" item #120785568827 reg was FYV936 also a 1939 London number.
What happened to it & where is it now? What is the full reg number. You find similar in France as Simca-Fiat 1100 or Simca 8.

ebay car is back on for sale, still wrongly described as a
508 Balilla!

Looks distinctly Ford Pop - or maybe pre-Pop Prefect/Anglia

hi john,
cant help with 50s car but I have what I think are the remains of the Rhyl fiat 1500 6c (1937)...see the pre war car site!...INCLUDES engine, gearbox, axles, dhc doors, screen, steering incl wheel, bulkhead,wheels, plus rotten chassis parts and body fragments.Came from Hereford.body almost identical to yours.my phone number is 0796-7480-875,
e mail davecoxvalespecial@hotmail.com
regards
Dave Cox

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos