FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Moundmobile 125?

Rumour has it that there's a picture of some idiot in a white Fiat 125 hooning around a race track on the front of Classic Car Buyer Magazine.

As Neil's 125 never goes above 55mph I can only assume that this was me!

Membership Number: 7109

Re: The Moundmobile 125?

cant be mine! as stated never faster then 55!

Membership Number: ///

neil
cant be mine! as stated never faster then 55!

the 130 coupe never went above 55 when you owned it! (soon cured that one!

Membership Number: yes

funny that.....didnt know the 125 or the 139 would go faster then 55! wow!

There's that extra bit of throttle travel at the bottom you know...

Membership Number: 7109

wow! but what a bout the Spider that lives in the speedo ! would wake the little fella up!

might be a lot of them in my 130 speedo,as ouch has not moved much in 6 months!

Membership Number: yes

Wake him up?! He's been dead for years - boredom don't you know, he liked scurrying above 60/70/80...........

Someone not a million miles away had a 903cc 127 years ago that had never been driven over 60mph and worryingly the speedo stuck at, ahem something North of 80 (where speed limits allow ) Typically, this happened just as the car shot past a mobile speed camera where the limit changed to 50 (hadn't spotted either the marked car or the change of limit) - was wondering how to explain it if stopped & thought it would be tricky to deny with the needle stuck there (even though the speedo was always a bit optimistic)!

Fortunately the mobile unit was too busy doing something else & the needle fell back down again when stopped later, but it regularly got stuck each time the car went over an indicated 70 - so beware of not using your speedo spider regularly Neil.......

Membership Number: 5260

hahah! what wake the spider up..........am not as bad as a strada owner from the Dartford area.......

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos