Author
Comment
A plea for information from the BBC Radia 5 live

Received by email:

Hi there,
Hope you are well.
I got your details from the website.

I work for BBC Radio 5 Live.
We are looking into the prices charged by contractors who are called out to put sand down to soak up oil following a break-down or clear away debris following a crash etc.
We are looking at this because we were contacted by a bloke who broke down and spilled a bit of oil on a slip road.
He called police to warn them and ask for someone to come and clean up the oil to save other motorists from skidding on it.
Later though he was sent a bill for £1,000 which included £141 for the bag of sand.
He thinks the charges are massively over-inflated and is contesting it with the company.
We wanted to find out if this was an isolated case or whether anyone else had been faced with a big bill following a break-down or similar incident.
We wondered if you might be able to help us by getting the message out to members.
It would be great to hear from them if anyone else has fallen victim in the same way.
We are a little against the clock on this one and only have a couple of days so if you are able to help, by sending this out to your members by email, that would be wonderful.
Please feel free to pass on my contact details to anyone you think may be able to help.

Kind regards
Nicola Dowling
5 Live Investigates
BBC 5 Live Radio
email: Nicola.Dowling@bbc.co.uk
Landline: 0161 335 6457

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos