FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My MK1 1981 Panda - Now restored

I have wanted to put a photo on for ages but have finally got round to it. I hope it works!

My Panda is a 1981 Mk1 Panda that had an Arbath conversion in 1983 (Engine alterations and styling changes).

Re: My MK1 1981 Panda - Now restored

I think the img needs to be in small letters.

Thank you

I'll try again.

It worked! Here's one of the other side.

That's excellent - I remember the spoiler accessory and not being able to afford it ! - There's something very pure about the original Panda - although I recall what a nightmare getting a dent in corrugated bit was.

They can definitely be a problem. The rear corrugated panels have been replaced as they were patched up for years and had lost some of the definition.

Here is a photo of the engine bay. I will upload more photos including the restoration work soon.

Here's one of the interior.

Fantastic job on the panda really liking the inside trim it goes so well with the red - would be great to see it in the flesh at some shows this year !

Membership Number: 666

Thank you. I will certainly try to get her to any shows in the midlands area.

Panda's looking good there Sam,liking the lower front spoiler.Where abouts are you based.

Membership Number: 12048

Just in Nottinghamshire on the Lincs/Notts boundary.

Membership Number: 12285

YAY !! Another panda in the midlands

Finally uploaded some photos of the actual restoration!

I have started a facebook page with lots more images (gradually being uploaded) if you are interested please search 'My Classic Fiat Panda' and Like for regular updates. Thanks :)

Hi Sam,

Great pics, would love to see a few more - could you add a link to your facebook page as i did a search and it didn't turn up any results

Cheers,

Jeni :-)

Hi Jeni

Hopefully this will take you to the page. Let me know if it doesn't work.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/MyClassicFiatPanda

Thanks
Sam

Wow brilliant to see someone else restoring a MK1. I'm bringing one back to original condition.
Excellent work. Well done.

Mines here. http://www.maranellohouse.com/panda45.html

Hi Stuart

Great to see another one, they are becoming a bit extinct! They are the same model as well, however mine has got over 170,000 miles on the clock (only one previous owner though)!

She was registered on 3rd September 1981 (Birthday of the original owner).

Keep going with the restoration its going wonderfully. They would look great out at a show together :)

You're early panda resto is really inspiring! I've got an 'X' reg too, a beige 45 from 1982, will try and post some pics too.
I'm based in Northants so hope to meet up with your panda at Stanford Hall, compliments again on your resto, Norman.

Hi Norman

Thanks, I'm really pleased you like the photos and I would love to see some of your Mk1.
I had a 1983 beige 45 (my first car) which I still have some 18 years later! Unfortunately it is no longer beige. In a mad moment in my early 20s I decided it would be better in electric blue with racing seats! I would love to restore it to original condition as the body work is excellent but I have the major problem that I have none of the original interior. I have attached a couple of photos.

It actually stopped raining yesterday so with the car being almost finished I couldn't resist seeing how it looks in daylight. Came out ok I think.

Looking lovely!

My first Panda way a 45 CL Yellow (with lots of rust!) nice to see a 45 still in good order! well done!

Membership Number: 9289

Fiat 2300
My first Panda way a 45 CL Yellow (with lots of rust!) nice to see a 45 still in good order! well done!

Oh this had plenty of rust when I started it to.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos