FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1st Fiat Tank In Avanti Mag This Month

Interesting feature that, Fiat really did have their fingers in all the pizza's back then didn't they.
Pity there was no picture of the interior, wondered if there was any instrumentation they,d taken from production cars? I know Leyland Motors built a tank as there,s 1 displayed near their plant in Preston, and rumour has is , they used some switches out of BMC cars?
Interior shots would also be interesting to see if another urban myth is true too with the Fiat tank. A quick look at the gear selector might just confirm that they did indeed have 1 forward and 5 reverse gears?
At least the external photo shows it only having 1 turret, people say the Italian tanks had 2 turrets, so they could quickly and effectively fire shells towards the side they weren't fighting for that particular day!!!

Membership Number: Never Remember It!

Re: 1st Fiat Tank In Avanti Mag This Month

What about a picture of it then, & what model was it built on?
I know Simca made a tank based on the Topolino. Is it that one, or something else?
How do I get the Avante magazine?

Regards. Les

Membership Number: N/A

Re: 1st Fiat Tank In Avanti Mag This Month

Les Humphreys

How do I get the Avante magazine?

Regards. Les

....By becoming a member

Membership Number: 10962

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos