FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
festival of speed

Hi All

Ive just booked tickets to the festival of speed and i am wondering which car to take as transport to get there.

Shall i go incognito in a 2000x Fiat multipla or should i go in my 1966 Fiat 850 coupe,

Basically does anyone know if there is an advantage of taking a classic car in where you park, that may be closer to the action, or away from a silver/black eurobox carpark, Ive heard there is for the revival meeting but im not sure about the festival.

Thanks

Tim

Membership Number: 5222

Re: festival of speed

Hi Tim,

Im off to Goodwood too for the whole duration (ah the joys of a press badge!) As far as i've seen in previous years theres not much to be gained by going in a classic, also the queues to get in are usually quite lengthy so a daily driver may be the way forward. Saying that i've only ever gone as press and not as a punter so get posh parking near the show so i might be totally wrong - is it worth dropping the folk at goodwood an email to ask if there is any classic parking ?

Membership Number: 11782

I think it's the Revival has specific parking Tim. I don't recall the FOS having a specific area though there were some nice cars scattered around in the parking.

Jeni is right, it can get a bit fraught in the queue if you time it wrong. As long as the cooling is ok I'd take the old one - if it overheats or the weather's hot take something modern with aircon!!

I thought I was only going to the Revival this year, but have just been sent tickets for the Thursday from Auto Trader - one of their online competitions I entered a while ago!! So it looks like I will be going after all - don't know what the Thursday's like but would be a shame to waste £40 worth of tickets!

Membership Number: 5260

I'll be there on Thursday too - we'll have to meet n' have a mojito on the lawn !

A bit public Jen.......

Sorry "Carry On" mode disabled! Er, yes good plan!!

Membership Number: 5260

woooo! matron!

Membership Number: yes

*blushes

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos