FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
130 coupe on ebay

Hi all, I see there's a 130 on ebay - in Southend with a dodgy gearbox - seems it was on ebay recently and is re-advertised. Does anyone have any information about this car please? Regards Richard (still suffering 130 withdrawal symptoms after selling HBG a couple of years ago!)

Membership Number: 4728

Re: 130 coupe on ebay

hi, i think it has been around for some time, guess the gear box not a selling point, less any other issues?

Membership Number: 9289

in a word...don`t!
poor paint job,
rotting around front and rear screens,
cills and rear quarter panel have been replaced at some point,solid but poor workmanship,
leading edge of bonnet rusty
jacking points rusty,
cill to inner wing crunchy,further horrors await behind the wheel arch liners,
bubbles on the door bottoms,
good wings,
good interior, but needs a clean
poor chrome,
and, the auto gear box problem,
disclaimer; this report was sent to me from a man from Ireland who went to see the car, see the car for your own peace of mind. brian

Membership Number: yes

Many thanks Fiat 2300 + Brian. Think I'll pass on this one. regards Richard

The guy sent me a video of the engine running & it didnt sound that good & the car looked rough! To restore one of these you could easily spent a fortune, 15-20K is easily!
Rob

I saw some invoices for a 130 that had work done in 1990/2., engine,suspension brakes, bodywork, and came to a whooping £15,000. a hell of a lot. then i saw who had done the work! guess who richard?

Why spend that on restoring a 130 coupe they don't sell for that sort of money ,forget about prices advertised you can buy a great car well under that.chris nelson sold his car a fue months ago i wonder what he got for it as that was in great condition

Hi Guys, mine has had a 100% nut & bolter done by a wealthy businessnam in Italy, being such a rare car now, I would find it hard to part with, ongoing work is making this car, troppo bella!

would hate to think what the 130 saloon i own cost to get up to speck, but when i drive it.....what a car....and fast to...it was said the 2.8 were sluggish...,mine goes like a rocket!

Anyone know who bought it ??

Hi Brian, I guess you are talking about HBG - yes the bills kept coming in, but it wasn't a case of saying I'll spend 15K restoring this car - this was over a number of years (maybe 15?) - but even then I could have spent thousands more and decided instead to throw in the towel. I let it go to an 'enthusiast' for 2K, who sold it through Coys (I think) for £4.5K about 6 months later. It's amazing the 'facts' these 'prestige' auction houses can fabricate! As you have clearly seen some paperwork recently, do you know what happened to the car subsequently?
regards Richard

richard
Hi Brian, I guess you are talking about HBG - yes the bills kept coming in, but it wasn't a case of saying I'll spend 15K restoring this car - this was over a number of years (maybe 15?) - but even then I could have spent thousands more and decided instead to throw in the towel. I let it go to an 'enthusiast' for 2K, who sold it through Coys (I think) for £4.5K about 6 months later. It's amazing the 'facts' these 'prestige' auction houses can fabricate! As you have clearly seen some paperwork recently, do you know what happened to the car subsequently?
regards Richard
the bills i saw were for another 130 coupe in silver, which i went to see for buyer who lives Ireland, at present don`t I know the whereabouts of HBG

the 130 you once owned was traded in to a fiat dealer weeks after he bought from you....(i remember they rung me to ask about 130's!)

Stig, can you send me an Email please!
Saw your car at Astle Park Sat.

Membership Number: 12303

julian
Why spend that on restoring a 130 coupe they don't sell for that sort of money ,forget about prices advertised you can buy a great car well under that.chris nelson sold his car a fue months ago i wonder what he got for it as that was in great condition

RICHARD! there`s a blue coupe on flea bay, jason is selling,

Hi Stig and Neil, sorry for the belated response, been off-line for a while. Thanks for the info re HBG, I guess it must have been Ancaster who put it through the auction, assuming they took it as a trade-in?
Belated happy returns Stig, you pre-date me by one day (less a couple of generations probably!) Never had you down as a Virgo, I thought we were tidy organised people knowing where everything is, and treating mechanical items (130 door handles) with gentle respect?
regards Richard

thanks for your reply richard, generations older then you? work to many hrs!. virgo`s tidy? well you have seen lock-up no.2 (lucky you!) the door handle saga! ahh yes!!!

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos