FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat 850 Spider Documentary - Fact Check - Please HELP

Hi there

I am writing to you from Renegade Pictures, where I am working as a researcher for a car restoration series for national geographic. I am currently fact checking an episode on the Fiat 850 Spider.

I have attached a few extracts from the script that I was hoping to run by an expert in order to get the content fact checked by a reliable source. I’m not expecting answers for everything but if there is something that stands out as incorrect or in need of further clarification please do comment upon it. If you are able to help I will make sure that you are correctly accredited in the credits and attributions. The queries from the script are as follows:

Despite being based on the, shall we say, non descript 850 hatchback. The Fiat 850 Spider that debued in 1968 was a magical blend of purity and economy

The advanced foldaway roof made the most of the sultry southen climate

The engine’s enthusiastic 49 horses could willingly deliver a respectable 90 miles per

In England it would have rusted away in a fortnight which is probably why the Fiat 850 was not released within the UK – making it very difficult to get hold of spare parts

With half a tonne of pretty unique Italian sportswear on board and bearing in mind that only 6 of these grace the roads of the UK

The engine is described as a ‘roaring 850cc straight four (4 cylinders)’

Technical faults:

‘So the manifold will be restored while the silencer gets the bullet’
‘With the bottom section needing to be skilfully shaped out of 2 mil steel sheet, it’s the first of what could be many fiddly fixes’
Problem with the engine cooling system: ‘Those pipes allow the coolant to be pumped around the engine but if they’re blocked it’ll overheat which could cause the engine block and head to crack and warp’

If you could read over and let me know if there are any problems it would be gratefully received and we will be sure to make a point of thanking you in our credits,

Many thanks for your time – I will be immeasurably grateful for all assistance!
Miranda

miranda.stern@renegadepictures.co.uk
stern.miranda@googlemail.com

0207 449 3243

Re: Fiat 850 Spider Documentary - Fact Check - Please HELP

Hi Mirand

ive just sent you an email direct so let me know here if you didnt get it.

thanks

Tim

Membership Number: 5222

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos