FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat 130 Coupe purchase - questions

Hello all,

I have just purchased a 1978 Fiat 130 Coupe in need of light restoration (always wanted one). Will be back on the roads of Kent in the new year. May I ask;

- is there a separate owners club for the 130, or is this the best club

- anyone know of a source of spare parts

- what is the fuel situation, should I use an additive when filling up

Any advice or feedback welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

Re: Fiat 130 Coupe purchase - questions

Simon Reid
Hello all,

I have just purchased a 1978 Fiat 130 Coupe in need of light restoration (always wanted one). Will be back on the roads of Kent in the new year. May I ask;

- is there a separate owners club for the 130, or is this the best club

- anyone know of a source of spare parts

- what is the fuel situation, should I use an additive when filling up

Any advice or feedback welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

not anymore, yes, in this country
some suppliers, also ebay.
fuel situation? unleaded petrol, has your engine had hardend valve inserts put in the heads? if so, don`t
need it. if not, castrol valve master I use,
The stig 130 registrar.
have you bought the blue 130 coupe from godin-banks?

Membership Number: yes

Thanks for the response The stig,

Not sure about the hardened valves, can't see anything in the history so will assume not.

yes, it's the blue one from godin-banks. It looked awful paintwise, but just been to see it tonight down to bare metal and really solid - a few holes round the windscreen, and a few dings, but fine apart from that.

Rear bumper is shot. Most immediate problem is knackered starter motor, can you suggest if replacement is available, or where best to repair ?

Thanks

Simon

new starter? pricey, if available, try ricambio of surrey, or a remanufactor of alty`s and starters.

Membership Number: yes

Hi All

try sahib's auto electrical on 0208 997 8232 just off the juntion of the north circular and the A40.

They have been there for years.

hope this helps

Tim

Membership Number: 5222

Also you could try Metrolec in Beckenham (maybe a bit closer to you?). From memory, I am sure Colin rebuilt my starter, and just about everything else electrical on my 130! 020 8650 5363 regards Richard

Membership Number: 4278

Hi Simon hows the 130 coupe getting on have you got any photo you can send of work so far i would love to see heres my page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1470889053137071/

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos