FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My 127

Thought I'd put some pics up of the motor as there's not many photos get posted on here.

Just lowered the suspension,here's the new and old springs

and before and after

and a few more

maybe not to the purists tastes but I love it!

Membership Number: 12047

Re: My 127

Very nice Pete, I love it too......Glad some one got the hang of de-cambered springs for the rear...simples

Make sure we get further pics as the project continues.

Don`t cha jus love 127s

Membership Number: ex/butmayreturn

Yeah, lovely. Where did you get the springs from and how were spring rates, length etc chosen? What effect on handling, balance, under/oversteer, other than the obvious go-kart qualities like less roll? Did you uprate shocks as well?

PS I have a brand new 34DMTR carb needing a good home, monster as standard on 127 1300GTs. AFAIK it's jetted for a Scorpion i.e. US spec 1756 Monte Carlo - or would that be a Ford Scorpion?

Thanks for the comment Rob.

fostertom,thanks for the comment also.Bought the springs from a chap off the 127 forum who'd got them made up for a project that fell by the wayside so I'm afraid I've got no idea what the ratings are.Handles very well around the corners,kept with the same shocks after reading on various forums it would be ok with a 40mm drop,although it is a tad bouncy on the back over undulating road so might have to look in to uprating them.Even though its a 1050CL model its actually running with the head and carb from a sport.

Membership Number: 12047

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos