FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Auto Italia day

I'm on the list for a drive in my nearly ready newly reburbished 124 Coupe AC.
Can't wait

Membership Number: yes

Re: Auto Italia day

I might just turn up

Re: Auto Italia day

plan to go, will i think use the fiat 125

Membership Number: 0000

Re: Auto Italia day 'confirmed'

Phil has confirmed my drive on the track and hill.

Can't wait

Apparently another 124 spider is joining me, anyone here?

Membership Number: of course

I'm in the group with a Lancia Stratos

Best slow down so it can keep up

Membership Number: in the club since 1980

Does anybody know if the FMC have a stand this year, and if so is the location known?

I emailed Gavin with the this question many moons ago but still don't have a response yet. Time to ask here instead.

Membership Number: 4970

Nick
Does anybody know if the FMC have a stand this year, and if so is the location known?

I emailed Gavin with the this question many moons ago but still don't have a response yet. Time to ask here instead.

When did you email, and why didn't you try again if it was "many moons ago", rather than this rather uncalled for posting? I don't have anything from you awaiting reply as far as I can see, however, I am waiting for your reply on the Chiltern Hills thread!

Membership Number: 5260

Just to confirm, we have had no official information on the layout. I understand from another source that all the Fiat clubs are at the top, on the banking as last year.

As usual members will be scattered around, as it is not possible to keep an area aside unless someone is prepared to organise everyone to convoy in (they won't convoy for 8.30, I've tried in the past). We also have members down in the posh bit by the clubhouse, some in Alfa's etc, so it is not practical for a specific stand.

We should all be in the general area, so enjoy a bit of mingling. There are plenty of shows where we have specific stands through the year - keep an eye on Parliamo, and let the organiser know in plenty of time.

Best wishes, Gavin

Emailed you 10 April 2013

Have bumped Email to your xxyyzz@fiatmotorclubgb.org again.

Same Email also addressed bringing two cars to Chiltern.

Maybe your Email system put me in the Spam folder.

Nick

Thanks for the response re "all Fiats together".

Quite a shame really. Fiat Forum members out number FMC members by 50 or more to 1. Nothing against FF (I'm a member off them as well).

Pile em high & stack em cheap show except for the favoured few.

Hi Nick,

Email received this morning thank you.

The email is not in my control and something connected to the website. I do no feel it always works correctly, but everyone else using one assures me their FMC email is fine......... All I can say is that I do try to reply to emails from members within a couple of days, and that forwarding another copy is best if you haven't heard from me. I also do have about 100 emails a day most of which relate to earning a living rather than a voluntary role, so I do sometimes lose emails down the list rather rapidly - I can only apologise if anything does get missed, but a gentle reminder usually works.

Anyone is welcome to try to organise an FMC stand at next year's Brooklands. Jo used to try this with varying success. One of our problems is getting everyone there at 8.30 - our members won't do that in my experience. You then have issues with members being selected for the "posh" bit, the Abarth bit, the Coupe bit, coming in Alfa's etc. I don't mean this to be negative, but I have tried over several years and got zero (yep none!) members contacting me to ask to come onto the stand. To be honest I don't think it works at Brooklands (or the other AI events) in terms of Club stands, but anyone is welcome to try & we will support them.

It is very much a pile them high thing at Brooklands, and in some ways better for it in my opinion. In common with many members, I am a member of several clubs and could easily go to any of half a dozen areas - I'll just park with the Fiat's and not worry too much about it this time

I understand about the stand organisation at Brooklands.

In earlier years, especially when Phil was more directly associated with clubs, and attendees were fewer then he would liase/organise more with the clubs. Now I guess with the unknown and large number attending then "make areas" was eventually bound to happen and just let the cars sort themselves out on the day.

It is tempting to arrive very early, park up in the club house area, lock up and walk away. Won't be long before the cars get grid locked in for the rest of the day

Hahha ! shame we dont have a like button for posts!

Membership Number: Yes

This event has been going for 27 years in one form or another and is open to all Italian car enthusiasts.
We had 5300 people through the gates this year, our best attendance to date.

In that number we had one of the best selections of Fiats I have seen for years.

If you don't like the event and want to continually criticise it, and the organisation of it, there really is a very simple solution to you attending isn't there?

Well we really enjoyed it, even the 15 minute shower did not dampen enthusiasm.

I say a big thankyou to Phil Ward and his band of merry men and women

Membership Number: member since 1979

Michael Ward
This event has been going for 27 years in one form or another and is open to all Italian car enthusiasts.
We had 5300 people through the gates this year, our best attendance to date.

In that number we had one of the best selections of Fiats I have seen for years.

If you don't like the event and want to continually criticise it, and the organisation of it, there really is a very simple solution to you attending isn't there?

Michael

You are taking this all too seriously.

Firstly YES we did have a good day and yes there were some great cars present.

I've supported Phil and Josie probably for long before you were born, and only missed ONE AI Brooklands event in all those years.

If I can't make observations then there is no hope!

When the first few years Auto Italia events happened all the major clubs had allocated stands and areas. Over the years, for what ever reasons, this excellent organisation, allocation and layout has, IMHO and others, withered away into more of a parking lot by make etc. etc.

If I wanted to be really negative then I would be saying that 5300 * 12 = £63,500 of income, less expenses, is a tidy sum of money from which to pay people to improve the event. I also remember when Phil used to walk the stands and say hello. Yes the event has grown in size, and yes organisation must be more difficult, but the event must not be allowed to slowly degrade into a "pile them high" Italian parking lot.

Phil & Josie lived and breathed Fiats. I'm deliberately being outspoken BECAUSE from where I view, as a 26 year attendee, I'm seeing and feeling a year by year degradation in the once overall outstanding quality and club friendly layout of the event.

If I'm the only one publically voicing these genuine concerns & comments then fine. However privately my views & observations are being voiced by others.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos