Comment
croma starting problems

croma starting problems (when raining)

Re: croma starting problems

explain in more detail please.

Membership Number: yes

Hi

My 2006 diesel croma does not start in wet conditions also has several dash lights on ( not sure what they are) and at one time we arrived back to the car from shopping to find all the windows open Any ideas ?

Thanks

What does the owner's manual say about the lights? No-one will be able to guess what the dash is telling you unless you explain what is lit up. I appreciate you may not be interested in cars or understand the lights, but they will be there for a reason, and for someone to help they need to know what the warnings are telling you.

Presumably you've checked connections, fuses, and sprayed the connections with WD40? If not, that's the place to start like you would with an old car playing up in the damp.

Best wishes,

Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Might not be of any relevance but we used to have a Seat Alhambra and when the drain holes blocked it would flood in to the car and under the front passenger seat where the ecu was and this would put the windows down and set the alarm off,although never had any starting issues.

Membership Number: 12048

Hi

Thanks for your input,but I haven't got any booklets on the croma(that's why I said I had no idea what the lights were) I just wondered if this was a common problem with this model that other owners had come across

cheers.

the windows being open .. i found that by holding the open button on the control when unlocking the windows will open and when locking hold the the button down, they shut, i found this by having the same! neil

Membership Number: yep

beerdoctor
Hi

Thanks for your input,but I haven't got any booklets on the croma(that's why I said I had no idea what the lights were) I just wondered if this was a common problem with this model that other owners had come across

cheers.

There aren't many owners around, so you need to start with the basics.

Reading the manual is a good place - they are readily available to buy, or you can find them at:

http://www.fiatforum.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=19

Hope this helps

Membership Number: 5260

HI
Thanks for that i'll get one and have a look

cheers

As much as I hate saying this....

go over to http:www.fiatforum.com

There you will find a dedicate Croma 2005+ forum.

Whilst here, the specific problem you describe has not (as far as I recall) been encountered, but water ingress and subsequent electrical issues spring to mind.

Membership Number: 4970

Hi nick

Thanks i'll try that, thanks for the info

cheers.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos