FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat 130 wheel bearing

Any one with some knowledge of wheel bearings for the Fiat 130 Coupe...there are a number listed on EBay for differing prices are the cheaper ones any good? Has anyone had any experience with the cheaper ones?

Glen

Re: Fiat 130 wheel bearing

hi you will also need the retaining which holds it in place, Neil

Membership Number: yep

fiat 2300
hi you will also need the retaining which holds it in place, Neil

needs the retaining ring at the back of the hub to keep the bearing in place, no longer available, have to be made at a engineering shop,
the SKF bearings were OEM, the Qinton hazell bearings are good, used them on my saloon years ago,
also bought a cheaper one from a ebay seller here in England, looks ok,

Membership Number: yes

OK so I have fit the Nan Ching Chinese bearing...so far so good...cost me a new wheel hub and retaining ring ($500) slight vibration at 50 MPH coming through the steering wheel but at 60-70 MPH the vibration is through the whole car...Does this mean evry time I fit a new bearing I will have to replace the retaining ring...who invents a system like this? I want first go at them...

ah-so! (excuse the pun) I am thing the wheels need balancing, the retaining ring is staked in, but with a small grinder (dremel? ) could grind the stakes, then heat up the outer part of the hub, squirt wd40 on the threaded part, knock it round with a 1/4" thick bar,( or maybe make a adapter and long `T` bar,) I would look to some suspension designer at fiat for this wonderfull set up!

Membership Number: yes

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos