FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chris Evans' latest Italian classic 130 coupe

Chris Evans from Radio 2 and the one show got his Fiat 130 Did you hear his show on Friday when he was hyping his new 130 as his favorite car in the world. Not bad PR for Fiat 130 given he has a garage full of Ferrari’s
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1334916

Re: Chris Evans' latest Italian classic 130 coupe

Thanks andrew for that, rather than a small band of 130 coupe enthusiasts the car maybe will be appreciated as what it is one of the most stylish cars produced in the 1970's

nice to know chris Evans appreciates a beautifull fiat 130 coupe,

Membership Number: yes

stiggy...........so if chris evans calls you and needs a part would you take him to your secret lock ups........

The Stig...Have you got a secret stash? I'll be visiting the outlaws next year and expect a tour...who is Chris Evans?

Glen

Glen Solly
The Stig...Have you got a secret stash? I'll be visiting the outlaws next year and expect a tour...who is Chris Evans?

Glen
tut,tut glen! Chris Evans bought james coburn`s ferrarri 250, he`s a celebrity here in brittain as a radio dj, tv presenter, and owns a few ferrari`s, even michael bland. a fellow 130 coupe owner in california has heard of him
my secret lock-ups? i can ........area 51

julian
stiggy...........so if chris evans calls you and needs a part would you take him to your secret lock ups........

no!
did send him a email this morning welcoming to owning a130.

This 130 was for sale on carandclassics this summer original in every way with a very low mileage chris evans has bought a great example,it was for sale at 29k whatever he ended up paying for it he has a great car,thank god he didnt buy the one with the silly whitewall tyres and the ferrari horse on the air filter

HOW MUCH!!! pass me the smelling salts! I think even chris evans would have knocked him down some,(just my opinoin)

Is this the same car? Can't be that many 130 manual box cars about after all - for Sale already? Mind You he buys cars like he changes his socks anyway!

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/car-advert/fiat/130/1978/214980/

That's the car,maybe it was advertised before he bought it and has not been taken down..

Membership Number: chq in the post

I have looked at the advert again martin and and its dated 4 October ? ..did he even buy the car at all or was he lent it for a week and decided not to buy it.......whatever he said on air/twitter.........?

Membership Number: chq in the post

The advert also appears on Car and classic (see below); again dated 4/10/13. I don't know if he buys/lends/borrows whatever, although, hearing him on his own show earlier "it sounded" as though he had bought it. Funny thing is he was only talking weeks before of a Humber Super Snipe Estate. then not so long ago about his Jaguar XJS, which he sold to Vasos , the sports commentator on his own show, that was again sold at Auction earlier this year at his Carfest show.

The guy gets thru cars like a youngster getting thru Corgi or Dinky toy cars in the 60's/70's . Whatsmore, I wonder what people might think when he talks the "hyper values" in todays market, especially as many families are finding it difficult to make ends meet financially these days. Maybe I'm thinking "too deep" here?

Anyway, here's the ad;

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C440269

it says to me a fool and there money are soon parted we all know Fiat 130 are a bad buy to make money on i buy them as i have a love for them that gos back to 2001

I read a article in a news paper last year it was re stamps and coins basically how do you invest your money ,low interest rates uncertainty in the stock market...etc, sure buy a property ? or buy stamps,coins as the prices have rocketed because of speculators rather than collectors and this has put the prices out of there reach.........so is the same thing happening in the classic car market, will at some point the bubble burst when there is better places to "park" your money.........?

1990`s all over again? much as we would like the value of 130`s go up, getting £32,000-£34,000 won`t happen me thinks

anyone want to buy my 130 its only £128,000.00 there i have put 130 prices up the value of 130`s go up, now

jagnuts
anyone want to buy my 130 its only £128,000.00 there i have put 130 prices up the value of 130`s go up, now

kay! slap him!!

How do you value a 130 coupe ?....basket case/parts car £500+,a resto with rust £1000-2000..moted on the road that needs work £2500+ ..nice clean car taxed moted been repainted £4000-6000..then the prices become more difficult the very nice silver coupe chris sold and the one I was told bob woodward owned were worth every penny up to £10,000,the car dealer in Essex who imports 130's has really found some great original examples £12,000-15000.....unless one pops up as new sat in a garage with delivery mileage I carnt see one making over £30,000 ...I have owned 130 coupes since 1986 and had a fue over the years ..give me some feedback what do you think this car are worth...?

I think the values you qoute are about right, a Insurance broker stated on their "what`s it worth" site as follows: for a 1973 130 coupe, Fair:£3,800. Good:£6,400. Excellent: £7,600. Concourse:£9,200.
but, considering how many are on the road (5-13) I think a value across the board rather than a year would be better,

I bid on one last year and stopped at 32,500 AUD it sold on the next fall of the hammer (ouch!)...this Fiat 130 Coupe had over 110,000 AUD spent on it in a nut and bolt restoration...the car I eventually bought was less than half of the sale price of the auction...I would rate it as good condition

Glen

Hi Glen, GBP to AUD about £19,000 with the one that was at auction and you paid for your car about £10,000..as you are on the other side of the world the prices are similar to the uk...surprised at that

Membership Number: 11997

makes one wonder what the 130 saloon would be worth!!

if you look at any brand of car the coupe are worth more than the saloon but in this case how many saloons are still available far less than 130 coupes...no idea of price,if someone wants one , they very rarely come up for sale .......... ..

Interesting point Julian Re how many Saloons are around maybe I need to buy one as well...always thought the Coupe was nicer...although I have never owned a Saloon it looks like a real work horse and they actually scrub up OK...also look like the electric windows are less of a nightmare than the coupe...

Glen

Hi Glen, Well I would hope fiat didn't fit the same cable electric windows as the coupe ,the problem with my coupe is the lining in the window channel has deteriorated over the years they work ok but sometimes sticks and a bit slow but do work ,motor/cables/electrics 100% and I can buy a new lining to sort the problem..........but I really don't fancy taking all that apart I will live with them being slow unless they stop working.........130 saloon neil is the fella to talk too..

cable electric windows on the coupe are the Devils work changing a door is quicker and easier than doing the cable

Hi Julian...I found a company in Italy that sells the Bailey channel and door rubbers...it is not too expensive and actually fits correctly...I reckon I could just about pull the cabling and window motors apart in my sleep, I have spent so much time getting them to work properly...on the passenger side door my window would stop half way up and was very slow...after much checking I found out what the problem was...I was using the emergency window handle to slowly wind the window up and I noticed the top two sheaves (pulleys) weren't turning at all so after stripping the pulleys down and cleaning out 40 years of accumulated dirt and grime the window went up without stopping...here in Oz there seems to have been an attitude of if it wasn't working the mechanics simply put ever more grease on the cabling???
This just made the problem worse by binding the whole system up...the pulleys are made of plastic and have no bearings and so the grease was never necessary they just need to be clean...I'll give the Italians something in that a lot of the stuff they did was simple and practical...it was in the intervening years that people working on them just didn't do the right thing for whatever reason...In some respects my car has, underneath all the butchery that was performed on it, turned out to be in quite good condition...

Thanks Glen for that information ,I will have another look, I have only used wd40 that's a very thin spray oil that cleans/lubricates not to heavy .I will look at the pulleys again to make sure they are all turning ......post a picture would like to see your car..

julian
Hi Glen, Well I would hope fiat didn't fit the same cable electric windows as the coupe ,the problem with my coupe is the lining in the window channel has deteriorated over the years they work ok but sometimes sticks and a bit slow but do work ,motor/cables/electrics 100% and I can buy a new lining to sort the problem..........but I really don't fancy taking all that apart I will live with them being slow unless they stop working.........130 saloon neil is the fella to talk too..

the saloon windows use a rack system which is more contained/easy to work on, totally different to the coupe, lock-up

Membership Number: yes.

some years back i said Hi to a guy in Australia that had a Fiat 130 coupe convertible you can see the car that i posted on http://www.motorbase.com/profiles/vehicle/picture.php?i=852&p=251200156 he said that he used 1972 Ford Maverick window winder mechanism. IN THE DOORS I did think wow that would be a way to make manual windows

getting back to Chris Evans' 130 coupe has anyone seen a photo of it yet i have had look in all the new car magazines i have not seen any mention of it would be nice to see it

jagnuts
getting back to Chris Evans' 130 coupe has anyone seen a photo of it yet i have had look in all the new car magazines i have not seen any mention of it would be nice to see it

Andrew, type in GOOGLE search, `chris evans 130 coupe` will then come up, classic car weekely mentioned the car in the current issue but no picture.

Membership Number: yes.

Thank you

Try here for couple of pics
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1334916

Thanks i saw this one its why i started the post but has anyone seen any others the car thats was thought tobe his is still for sale at the wow mad price of £32 ,000

Are you the "same" jagnuts as on the xj40.com ?

lol theres only one JAGNUTS

a Fiat 130 man as well as an XJR man .

Hey, the whitewalls have gone now!! See it at the NEC all shinny!!

photo IMG_0258.jpg
 photo DSC00851.jpg
 photo DSC00840.jpg

Hiya Stiggy, do you know where I can get a top end gasket set for the Webber carb for the 130 coupe, I will be cleaning the jets soon but would like the gasket in case it tears?
Rob 07970 662112

have a look on E bay de

Rob how did you put your photos on here can you say how you did it please

Yes no problem, I use photobucket, if you haven't got it then sign up. Once signed, you can up load your photos, then whilst viewing the picture, click on HTML link and copy and paste this to the reply or if in eBay your advert, this will allow you to post
Large pictures!
 photo 12090900138a-1-1.jpg

Membership Number: Yes

Rob Thank you

ROB MENGHINI
Hiya Stiggy, do you know where I can get a top end gasket set for the Webber carb for the 130 coupe, I will be cleaning the jets soon but would like the gasket in case it tears?
Rob 07970 662112

ebay germany rob

Rob...re the gasket for the Weber,what the stig said,eBay Germany...I just did mine and it seemed to fit the bill...I also adjusted the float to the recommended settings as mine would flood with no noticeable effect on the engine but the fumes would come right through the cabin...

Brilliant , thanks for the info

Membership Number: Yes

and mk 2 EX Sprint and Hillclimb 12AYF
Martin Clapton

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos