FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for Multipla

Hi All

Ive been searching for a Fiat Multipla to replace our existing x reg 2000 purple jtd, But I cannot find a decent one that has not been loaded up with stacks of people or equipment and has not seen the ravages of many years of hard labour tao.

ideally im looking for a pre march 2001 1.6 16v with aircon so it must be an elx and hopefully not in silver

the things that seem to wear are, door handles flake, dashboards seem to go sticky around the heater controls and the drivers seat gets compressed on the side where the driver slides out. as well as these details they seem to just get worked hard inside.

I could probably go for a later one if necessary but prefer the series 1/2 proper shape

any tips welcome

Tim Milnes

Membership Number: 5222

Re: looking for Multipla

I can test the door handles for you tim, have previous experiance

Membership Number: yes

Hi Stiggy

Our current one has one sticky door handle that stays up and you've not been near it recently, do you do it by telepathy too.

Tim

96 of them for sale on Autotrader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/fiat/multipla/postcode/hu89eq/radius/1500/quicksearch/true/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew

Hi Chris

thanks for your input, if I narrow the search for...

petrol and with aircon it goes down to about 15

early shape it goes down even more,

ive so far seen four of them and yet to no avail.

the best one so far sadly had a little extra noise from the gearbox.

I know they get worked hard and are well used so I'm looking for a good one,

it seems I may have a long search

thanks again Chris

Tim

Tim Milnes
Hi Chris

thanks for your input, if I narrow the search for...

petrol and with aircon it goes down to about 15

early shape it goes down even more,

ive so far seen four of them and yet to no avail.

the best one so far sadly had a little extra noise from the gearbox.

I know they get worked hard and are well used so I'm looking for a good one,

it seems I may have a long search

thanks again Chris

Tim

Hi Tim,

Try the Multipla Owners group on Yahoo. They are a friendly bunch and there is a good chance someone may have one for sale, or at least keep an eye out for you.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/multiplaowners/

Membership Number: 5260

Hi All

Finally found one but not really on the same brief

2007 1.9 multijet dynamic in nero provocature(very dark blue) with mid to dark blue interior and 2007 bravo twin 5 spoke 17" alloys.

no aircon, diesel instead of petrol, facelift shape.

not really what I set out to find but fantastic condition and the multijet engine doesn't feel like a diesel used to be like, the sunroofs with never leak as it doesn't have any.

it didn't cost all that much too

thanks to all for your input

Chris, over the time I have been looking for a replacement multipla the number of cars on autotrader for sale has fallen fron 130 odd down to sometimes less than 90.

its an interesting point as I will never be able to list a fiat 850 on autotrader as there is not a selection for that car on the drop down menu of cars

thanks again

Tim

Glad you got sorted Tim

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos