FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
127 In Classic & Sports Car

Hi Everyone,

My rescued 1050CL (Freddie) is in this month's issue of Classic & Sports Car. You can't miss him, he's the adriatic blue one!

The test is between the 127, a Polo & a Renault 5. C&CS were very professional throughout, and in the main I am happy with the write-up (not too many errors or stereotypes! ).

I'm not spoiling it by saying which car the writer preferred, but

A few of my very amateur pics from the day are below. I thought I'd better not post a scan of the article for copyright reasons.

For any 127 fans - do you think this one's better than that CCW article a couple of months ago?

photo IMG_1727_zps60632558.jpg

photo IMG_1729_zpscbb24aa7.jpg

photo IMG_1730_zpsbecaa127.jpg

photo IMG_1733_zps951bb850.jpg

photo IMG_1735_zpsebeea631.jpg

Membership Number: 5260

Re: 127 In Classic & Sports Car

Car's looking good Gavin and obviously a clear winner!

Membership Number: 12048

Looks a very tidy 127 on display. Didn`t the old "motor" magazine do a write up years ago with this model of Renault 5? I can`t remember the exact outcome or details, but I`m sure the 127 excelled.
As for the little Polo, my daughter had one of these in a disgusting green sludge colour.....it turned out to be very unreliable and leaked lubricant from every available orifice. Renault brought out a turbo version of this model 5 which was a potent machine. A rather little known quirk of this Renault was that the wheel base on one side was longer by a few inches than the other.

Fiat`s 127 outsold all of this competition....I wonder why!!!!!!

Membership Number: ex

Congrats to you and your little Fiat baby.

Or should that be congrats to your Fiat any YOU little baby. For all we know she is older than you! :)

Which ever way tis good to get yet another great Fiat into the lime light.

Well done!

Membership Number: 4970

Thanks Pete, Rob & Nick.

The 127 really is a bit of a miracle in that it has not been looked after (9 years in a garden), and has its original paintwork & no welding.

Sadly I'm older than the 127 though I fear I have more rust, and also more bits in danger of falling off..........!!

Membership Number: 5260

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos