Re: One for the 125 boys

Well known Australian car. It's in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkry1tHW9v4

Membership Number: 7109

nice, if only mine looked so good!

Membership Number: yes

Shockin' camber on that inside front wheel - wd do better on beam axles all round!

I think he's dialled a load of static negative camber on it to keep the outer front wheel vertical under hard cornering. As you can see from this picture of my old car, the standard geometry makes the outer wheel roll onto massive (and undesirable) positive camber when you're going for it.

Membership Number: 7109

On the contrary Jim, I thought your car did extremely well as a standard car on the circuit, especially , like the 132 its successor, it was not specifically designed as an out and out sporting saloon. I don't "go" with the negative camber thing - they used to do it on Minis to counter FWD wheel scrabble, and particulary on Imps - always prefer better steering feel from standard cars set up.

Your 125 always left a good impression! Hope young Ben is keeping up resto!

The Italian gent from Bedford who had the 2 Fiat 132 1800ES , one blue and my silver one,. Neither cars are still not on road according to DVLA sites.

I love that pic, see it before - 'appliance white' (as in touching up a fridge)!

I had a black one once, with grey velour interior, gen magnesium Cromos, took it to the 1985 LMC TC25 do in Gloucs. Lovely - can't remember why I sold it.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos