FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEC Restoration Show 12th & 13th April

I've just posted this in the events section, but I know that is not used very much. In case anyone wants to discuss this, I've put it into this section too.

The Club has just received confirmation that we are able to have a stand at the new Practical Classics Restoration Show. The show is at the NEC on 12th & 13th April.

More information is at http://www.necrestorationshow.com/

We have been waiting for confirmation for some time, so this is now a bit too last minute for my liking. We do have a plan for display vehicles, but will need some stand helpers - any offers?

The theme is obviously restoration, and we have quite a specific brief as to the display content.

One car needs to be worked on over the weekend, and Pinky the Panda is the obvious candidate. For those who haven't been looking at Parliamo, Pinky is due to be restored for charity (Race for Life and Children in Need). Pinky needs a full restoration, and will start being stripped down at this show. Anyone is welcome to help with this, and of course to donate towards the project.

Another car will be a "barn find", and we have a red Panda 4x4 lined up for this. A 3rd car will be a fully restored one - again there is a Panda lined up for this.

As an example of an unrestored "preserved" car, we will probably have a 127, and there may be room for a resto in progress too (possibly a Topolino).

This should be an interesting show, but helpers will be needed - if you can help on either day, please let me know. You don't need to have any restoration skills - I'll be standing talking to people, NOT wielding a hammer (I say hammer, as I'm very much from the Clarkson school of restoration - no patience, no skill, and hit everything while shouting at it......... ). So there are people needed to talk to folk about the cars & the Club, as well as actually getting stuck in.

I do have discount codes for tickets, but will probably have to restrict these to the members section (I'm awaiting clarification). Please let me know if you want the discount code though. We get tickets for the car owners, so stand helpers should be ok for a ticket to get in without paying.

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Re: NEC Restoration Show 12th & 13th April

Hi Gavin,

Ive just recently found a small pile of old paperwork for Pinky restoration project K960 GYD when I owned it - if you can let me know the best address to send it all off to I'll aim to do it in the next week or so.

regards

Jon

Jon
Hi Gavin,

Ive just recently found a small pile of old paperwork for Pinky restoration project K960 GYD when I owned it - if you can let me know the best address to send it all off to I'll aim to do it in the next week or so.

regards

Jon

Hi Jon,

That would be fantastic, thanks.

Pinky the Panda actually has his own correspondence address:

Pinky the Panda, c/o 23 New Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 0JE. He receives letters in his own name sometimes!

am asking permission if i can help out on the sunday! (have permission for November! (Shock)

Membership Number: yes

fiat 2300
am asking permission if i can help out on the sunday! (have permission for November! (Shock)

Yes please! I hope you've built up enough brownie points.........

fiat 2300
could this be a return of the dynamic duo? twice in one year!

Just a reminder that this event is fast approaching.

It would be good to see some of the members up at the NEC, and we can always use a little help.

This is a new show, and a new type of stand for us, so please come along to support us.

the stig/130
fiat 2300
could this be a return of the dynamic duo? twice in one year!

sadly will have to miss this show,

Well we're back after a very difficult but ultimately rewarding weekend.

Much as I don't like to, I can't avoid saying I am very disappointed at the members' response.

Did anyone go? I was on the stand all weekend and saw no members I recognised or made themselves known - after all the hard work (and it really was! ) it was nice to see some of our Fiat Forum friends come along to support us though.

Thanks to Vernon & Barbara for all their hard work . Also many thanks to Bob M, Freddy, Jon, John & Neil (all Fiat Forum members) who helped us man a very busy and popular stand. I'm not sure Vernon & I could have coped on Friday & Saturday without their assistance

A really massive thanks also to Tommy who came up trumps by lending us his transporter to ferry the project cars up to the NEC. This unfortunately broke down on Wednesday & he also pulled out all the stops to get it repaired for us by Thursday evening!!

We made quite an entrance - 5 hours later than our final slot & blocking the entrance..........

But it was all worth it - I think............. Sorry for the poor pics - the lighting is bad at the NEC and these are from the phone!

Went to the stand but unfortunately I couldn't get to speak to anyone as I didn't know who was from the club or just viewing the cars.

Sorry to have missed you Justin. You should have asked someone if you weren't sure - maybe the 2 of us were elsewhere at the time you visited, but someone would have helped as we made sure there was always at least one FF/FMC person there.

Vernon was working on the cars if he was there, and I had FMC stuff on. We were the only members there, everyone else was FF as I said, so wouldn't have logo'd clothing. We bought clothing for everyone who helped at the 2012 Classic show (at quite a significant cost) so that it would be obvious who the stand staff were - this works well, but only if there are members willing to help!

It is sad that I couldn't have got away from the stand at all without help from another club, but if there's no interest I can't drag people there!

well done with the stand at the show gavin, must have been a fraught 2 days with the transporter breaking down (curse of the N.E.C.) 3 panda`s in one sighting! glad the show went well

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos