FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Date of manufacture

HI

I am a new member

I have a 1974 124 coupe and wondered if anyone could advise me on how to find out its date of manufacture

Regards
Ian

Membership Number: 12474

Re: Date of manufacture

You have two/three possible options open to you:

1) write to Fiat UK (via letter and not Email!!!) asking them. The reply may not be rapid but based on my experience they do respond eventually :)

2) hunt around under the dash board looking for labels and other date coded components. Doing this is not an exact science/result but will reveal a baseline date

3) you can pm (private message me) your vehicles chassis number and I will try to look it up in info I have BUT to be honest I'm unlikely to be able to secure a hit/match

A fourth option is a detailed and time consuming Internet trawl. The likes of Wikipedia, Club Sites etc. often have incredible info to offer.

Membership Number: 4970

Thank you for your reply.......How do I PM you ??

Ian
HI

I am a new member

I have a 1974 124 coupe and wondered if anyone could advise me on how to find out its date of manufacture

Regards
Ian

Hi Ian,

As a member we can obtain this information for you. Tom Widdrington is able to research this with Fiat in Italy.

We are the only Fiat Club in the UK able to provide a dating letter for DVLA purposes, so any of the other suggestions (well intentioned though they are) would not enable you to prove your car was tax exempt (which I assume is what you are trying to do?).

Tom's contact details should be in Parliamo, but give me a shout if you are unable to find them. I think he needs the chassis numbers but it's best to telephone him direct (keep trying if you don't get through as he doesn't have an answerphone).

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Thank you everybody for your suggestions......and thank you Gavin I will try and contact him as this seems to be the best way........ Regards Ian

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos