FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
affinity scheme

Hi, has anyone ever tried to use this scheme? I am ready to purchase a new 500 or Panda, but the 2 dealers I have contacted are just not interested in quoting, and it's becoming rather embarrassing for me to keep asking. Any advice will be much appreciated. regards Richard

Membership Number: 7628

Re: affinity scheme

I've used it 4 times now, no problem

Membership Number: 11553

I've not yet personally used the affinity scheme but have investigated.

Top my knowledge the system works like this.

1) Apply to Fiat Motor Club Scheme contact to get current "affinity" price list & application form.
2) Choose you model, options etc., fill out form and get it authorised by FMC
3) Give form to dealer.

You should not try to reverse the process by approaching the dealer first! Your authorised form is a mandate that all Fiat dealers are supposed to accept and process. If they don't/won't then contact Fiat UK complaining.

I think the key way of looking at this is you go to Fiat UK, via the Club to purchase a car from Fiat UK under the employee scheme. Fiat say yep OK and authorise the paperwork to present to any Fiat UK dealer of your choice. The dealer orders the car, takes payment at authorised price etc. Fiat UK then have their own systems in place to compensate/tidy up with the dealer.

Having said the above you can try an alternative approach which may be more advantageous to you.

1) Bear in mind all dealers have different margins/bonus rates/discounts etc. they can apply to a new registration purchase
2) The Fiat affinity scheme can provide 25+% discounts but on some models all you get is retail plus say £1500 of additional spend to upgrade a car.
3) Knowing the net cost to you for what you want approach a dealer, tell them you can purchase under the affinity scheme and ask them if they can to a better deal.

The point to notice is that the affinity scheme is a UK wide fixed discount scheme. Fiat UK also offers "private" dealer schemes incentives that could undercut the affinity scheme.

You have to play both cards but do it honestly and openly. Also if you have more than one local dealer then check with all of them a one dealer could be on/have different available margins depending on their current business.

Membership Number: 4970

Hello Nick, thanks your comprehensive reply. I did e-mail the club for current discounts, but no reply. Consequently I contacted 2 dealers, (advising elegibilty for the scheme), but no response either, despite more than one contact in each case. Oh well, I'll have to rethink. Regards Richard

In 2011 the official club contact for the affinity scheme was Tom wriddington.

This could have long since changed so my advice to you is look in the latest Parliamo magazine, grab Tom's details and contact him. If he is no longer responsible for the affinity scheme I'm sure he will point you in the right direction.

Annoying as it is this club often gets confused and disjointed as to who does/is responsible for what so you need to keep chomping at the bit till you get a sensible answer.

Hi Richard,

If you need information about the current offers with the scheme, please contact me, as set out in the magazine. The details are in Parliamo, or just hit the email reply link to this posting. Just drop me an email or give me a ring (eves only please).

If you are ready to order, just let me know & I'll ask Tom to sort out the voucher for you - these are only issued at the point of ordering, for obvious reasons.

The process is very simple. You go to the dealer of your choice, order the car spec & colour of your choice, and get the current discount or offer price. No haggling, no arguments, and no hassle.

You are best not to offer a trade in, as the dealers make nothing from the sale - you get it at the employee rate. You can ask about p/ex but bear in mind that you are likely to get bottom book value, as the dealer has no incentive to give you a fantastic deal.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Nick

Annoying as it is this club often gets confused and disjointed as to who does/is responsible for what so you need to keep chomping at the bit till you get a sensible answer.

The Club isn't confused or disjointed as to who deals with it Nick. That comment wasn't necessary, or helpful, particularly as I have never had the pleasure of meeting you or trying to help you with the affinity scheme afaik.........

As Bernie stated the process is very simple, and many of the members use it quite happily getting very good deals on their new cars. At a time when the new Panda 4x4 was not being discounted at all, someone got £2400 off without any trouble at all, as a recent example.

Hi Gavin, Thanks for clarifying. I did follows the instructions in Parliamo on March 2, I guess the e-mail is lost in the ether! I'll try again. regards Richard

richard
Hi Gavin, Thanks for clarifying. I did follows the instructions in Parliamo on March 2, I guess the e-mail is lost in the ether! I'll try again. regards Richard

Hi Richard,

I've just received your email & replied.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards, Gavin.

Gavin
Nick

The Club isn't confused or disjointed as to who deals with it Nick. That comment wasn't necessary, or helpful, particularly as I have never had the pleasure of meeting you or trying to help you with the affinity scheme afaik.........

Gavin et al.

I apologise for my comment. Prior to March-May 2012 Parliamo magazine there were no published contact details for the affinity scheme contact (other than the 5 Year Old sticky post by Peter which has not been updated http://www.fiatmotorclubgb.org/forum.htm#bn-forum-1-1-3446348668/24/810248/show) and why I missed the later Parliamo entries is probably because I'd been used to dealing with Peter and Tom.

I would go and edit my post but I've passed the time limit to so.

Please accept my apology and lets get Peter's Affinity Scheme forum Sticky updated as well.

Nick

Nick
Gavin
Nick

Gavin et al.

I apologise for my comment. Prior to March-May 2012 Parliamo magazine there were no published contact details for the affinity scheme contact (other than the 5 Year Old sticky post by Peter which has not been updated http://www.fiatmotorclubgb.org/forum.htm#bn-forum-1-1-3446348668/24/810248/show) and why I missed the later Parliamo entries is probably because I'd been used to dealing with Peter and Tom.

I would go and edit my post but I've passed the time limit to so.

Please accept my apology and lets get Peter's Affinity Scheme forum Sticky updated as well.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that.

Sorry it caught me at a bad time!

The posts hadn't been up that long, so no-one had had a chance to reply. As it happens I can't get onto the forum that often as it doesn't work via an iPhone & I have to wait until I have time while on the desktop.

You are right about the sticky - I went to reply to it as an update the other day, but there's no option available - I have asked Theo to let me post an update to it.

Best wishes,

Gavin.

Phil

Well done.

Your update to the affinity scheme info is well appreciated.

Next step is a suggestion/question for the webmaster.

Simply a single "sticky" with "current" and absolute information as opposed to info posted in 200x and updated with a subsequent post in 200x + n.

Till then, thanks for the update which I'm sure all FMC members will appreciate.

Nick

Nick
Phil

Well done.

Nick

Who is Phil????

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos