FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat 132 wanted for BBC TV production

Being a bit nosey here....

I was contacted via email by a Mr. Andrew Chambers as he was looking for a Fiat 132, preferably a1977 model ,such as the 1800ES I previously owned, for a tv programme titled Holidays of our Years. It will be screened in September. The programme envolves celebrities reminissing holidays of their youth , and whoever, the subject was for this edition can remember this particular family holiday in 1977 , in a Fiat 132.

I put him in touch with the new owner of my car , who was restoring it , as well as the other 1800ES , a blue one, of the same year. [looking on DVLA site I can't tell if either car is on the road] Also I gave him James' [Nicholsons No,.... I hope you didn't mind , James ].

does anybody know if the 132 search was sucessful. ?

Martin

Membership Number: n/a

Re: Fiat 132 wanted for BBC TV production

Hi Martin,

Yes he contacted the Club too, and I put him in touch with James. I know they used James' car in the end, but don't have the detail of how it was used in the programme.

I should remember who the celeb was too, but it escapes me at this moment! Put it down to a weekend offroading Panda's in Notth Yorkshire - that does weird things to you.......

Membership Number: 5260

how true! offroading in yorkshire is wired

Membership Number: yes

The stig
how true! offroading in yorkshire is wired

Wired or weird? Either sounds about right!!

Matt Allright I think it was - the BBC thing, not the Panda's.

weird! has been a long day,building a outside kitchen shed,

Membership Number: yes

The first in the series was screened on BBC1 on Monday and my black 132 was briefly on around five minutes in. The episode with Matt Alright will be later in the series. They drove the car around Torquay. I asked for the Club to be on the credits but we'll have to see what has happened.

Membership Number: 5328

James Nicholson
The first in the series was screened on BBC1 on Monday and my black 132 was briefly on around five minutes in. The episode with Matt Alright will be later in the series. They drove the car around Torquay. I asked for the Club to be on the credits but we'll have to see what has happened.

It was on today! The car came out very well I thought, with plenty of driving around.

It's actually quite a good episode, so catch it on BBC player if you missed it.

Apparently the Club was credited, but I glanced away at that second!! Mum said it was there though.

Yes - not bad pictures of the car. You might be able to use this link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04nv8qy/holiday-of-my-lifetime-with-len-goodman-episode-11 James

Membership Number: 5328

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos