FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ASR

I`ve recently purchased a used 2011 Punto evo gp car. Is there a way to switch off the Stop & Start system ? I`ve tried turning it off by pressing the ASR button on the dashboard and a message comes up stating that it is disconnected but it is not. Is there something that I`m not doing correctly ?? Please advise ! Eric.

Re: ASR

eric
I`ve recently purchased a used 2011 Punto evo gp car. Is there a way to switch off the Stop & Start system ? I`ve tried turning it off by pressing the ASR button on the dashboard and a message comes up stating that it is disconnected but it is not. Is there something that I`m not doing correctly ?? Please advise ! Eric.

Hi Eric,

The ASR is not the start stop - ASR is a traction control thing (anti slip regulation).

You should have a button on the dash to turn it off, and the message comes up "Start&Stop OFF" on the display. It's page 116 of the handbook I just downloaded & looked at if you have the 01/10 copy.

Hope this helps.

Membership Number: 5260

Thanks Gavin, I`m afraid you are quite right !! Eric.

I'm glad you've found it.

All the abbreviations are very confusing - at least they are for someone just about to take a 127 down for its MOT!

Gavin

All the abbreviations are very confusing - at least they are for someone just about to take a 127 down for its MOT!

127, old, straight forward to work on, hope the 127 passes

Membership Number: yes

The stig
Gavin

127, old, straight forward to work on, hope the 127 passes

Had a little trouble with the OSHMB - offside headlight main beam worked on dipped but not full - a bit of swearing and swapping of bulbs didn't work, nor did the old wire wiggle trick - moved the fuse slightly & all was well. Pass. This '70's technology is complicated......

Hi Gavin

Try 60's technology

My DCWL was on the other day on the 850 coupe.

Dynamo Charge Warning Light.

so i took the cover off the voltage regulator and flicked the relay and hey presto.

no connecting up to a computer, no dealer charges, fixed with one screwdriver

just how i like it

Tim Milnes

Membership Number: 5222

Tim Milnes
Hi Gavin

Try 60's technology

My DCWL was on the other day on the 850 coupe.

Dynamo Charge Warning Light.

so i took the cover off the voltage regulator and flicked the relay and hey presto.

no connecting up to a computer, no dealer charges, fixed with one screwdriver

just how i like it

Tim Milnes

Sounds a bit technical - I didn't need a screwdriver!

Glad you got it sorted.

Hi Gavin

Now stop showing off

Tim

Membership Number: 5222

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos