FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat powered Triumph

I am scrabbling around trying to get information about a 2 litre Fiat engine fitted in a Triumph Spitfire I have just acquired!

The engine is numbered 131 04 000 149 522. To say the least it provides ample power in what is a very light car. However, I would like to establish its date of manufacture and the model of the donor car. HELP!

Re: Fiat powered Triumph

The number 131 A1 040, assuming you have A1 included, would indicate a 1756cc California model of 87bhp from a mid 70's 124 spider.
Being Californian means all sorts of anti-pollution add ons and low compression hence only 87bhp

Membership Number: yes yes

The engine concerned is a 2 litre twin cam. I have been told it is a Supermirafiori!

It has been dynoed at 122BHP with the current single carb.

The 04 in the number is in a smaller script (difficult to type) and A1 is not included.

This is the crux of the problem, I just can't identify the **** thing! The only other possibility is that I am confusing the engine number for what I believed is a casting number, namely 4356114 132DB 2AO.

Ken Bradley
The engine concerned is a 2 litre twin cam. I have been told it is a Supermirafiori!

It has been dynoed at 122BHP with the current single carb.

The 04 in the number is in a smaller script (difficult to type) and A1 is not included.

This is the crux of the problem, I just can't identify the **** thing! The only other possibility is that I am confusing the engine number for what I believed is a casting number, namely 4356114 132DB 2AO.

132DB. was fitted to Italian 131 Volumetrico 1995cc

Many thanks, but is there any chance I can establish the date of manufacture?

As far as I'm aware they were only available from 1981 for around a year

Many thanks for the information.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos