FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat 130 3200cc oil seals for front crankshaft

Hello
I live in Australia so parts are not that easy. I need affront crankshaft seal for my car. I have tried searching the web but even though there seems to be plenty of rear crankshaft seals there doesn't seem to be any for the front. I have checked eBay worldwide with no luck .

help?
Thanks john

Re: Fiat 130 3200cc oil seals for front crankshaft

hi john, if you have the front crankshaft seal off the engine, locate a seals engineering company,
could find a match ,

Membership Number: yes

Hi John, don't know if this helps any, I just did the front seal on mine and the size is 55X75X10...unfortunately I can't help with who would supply one here in Australia as I got mine from Italy and have since tried to get a spare but there are none available...as Stig suggested try going to a few bearing supply shops etc...

Glen

Glen Solly
Hi John, don't know if this helps any, I just did the front seal on mine and the size is 55X75X10...unfortunately I can't help with who would supply one here in Australia as I got mine from Italy and have since tried to get a spare but there are none available...as Stig suggested try going to a few bearing supply shops etc...

Glen

hi glen, would the size you stated 55 (inside diameter).75 (outside diameter) 10 (thick) ?
have a crank at lock-up 1, which i think still has the casing and seal attached will go and see
if i can get it off, and take it to a engineering shop,

Hi Stig, yep that's the size...we may have found a solution via EBay UK...I have ordered a couple in the hope that they will be OK. I guess the only thing I am concerned about is the etching on the inside face and the direction for the rotation of the crankshaft...let us know if you have any luck, appreciate it.

Glen

well done glen. on a find of some seals, clockwise the Arrow should go, will let you know if have some success

Apologies Stig, this is the link...it's in the UK as well so may be handy for you guys if it's the right seal. The photo isn't good enough to discern the direction arrow or hatching, if any...

By the way Mario found the link...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/55X75X10-OILSEAL-Metric-Shaft-Oil-Seal-55mm-ID-x-75mm-OD-x-10mm-wide-/331109110226#shpCntId

thanks for the link Glen. and tank mario for finding the link

Thanks everyone I have ordered the seals that Glen/Mario suggested and they have not arrived just yet. Once we get then and put them in the car I will let you know how it went.
Thanks everyone including Glen , Mario and Stig.
It was good talking to Glen about the 130. Most of my friends and acquaintances don't understand why I love the car. Usually get why don't you get a reliable car.......Like a reliable Corolla?
See what I mean?
John

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos