FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Restored 124AC Coupe

What would a really imaculately restored RHD 124AC Coupe be worth, resident in UK? 40k miles, garaged 40yrs out of 47, 3 prev owners? Deciding whether to do the job.

Re: Restored 124AC Coupe

Having done several other makes probably still not as much as the restoration cost. Would it not be better to sell as it is ?

That was (is?) the plan, but while cleaning up around it, realised how relatively little there is to do bodywise, and I've got a stack of new mech parts.

Tom Foster
That was (is?) the plan, but while cleaning up around it, realised how relatively little there is to do bodywise, and I've got a stack of new mech parts.

hi tom, that is good fortune with little bodywork to do, good luck with the restoration

Membership Number: yes

Still weighing it up, been told £2-4k as-is at auction, but can't believe that. Same advisor said £5-8k restored to top state - discouraging.

Any thoughts on whether the alleged classic price bubble might burst? To me the danger is that upcoming GenY/GenZ, soon all-electric if not driverless, will have no interest in (or money for) cars, and certainly no nostalgia for the 60s/70s. But till then, I'd a thought values will creep on up and that just might include revived memory of the 124.

I might get the body done, painted and rustproofed, seeing it's so unusually easy to do in this case, then slowly fit A1 mechanicals (which I have) and interior while prices rise. Just don't want to throw away an asset, having sat on it for 11yrs. In 47yrs it's been dry stored for 40, only 50k miles. Only one patch of (the usual botched) welding, tho it needs a lot more now. Carpet, headlining, all seats except the driver's, perfect, apart from the foam squabs going to dust.

You do sound very much like you want to do it Tom.

Go on start it, you can only improve it.

We must keep these rare 124 AC models alive.

Membership Number: OH yes

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos