FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Events
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kop Hill Climb - 24th & 25th September

Just a reminder that the Kop Hill event is this weekend. Loads to see, and the paddock is open to let you wander around all the cars - no being roped away from the cars!

One of our members has been invited to take his Maserati up the hill. Jay Kay will be there as usual and "is likely to drive the famous hill in a ‘67 Ferrari 275 GTB and a ‘71 works Porsche" according to the local paper. Various other celebs are likely to be floating around if that's your bag (Hilary someone from the antiques roadshow has been mentioned, so try not to get too excited........).

Mainly it's a load of really interesting old cars taking on the hillclimb, with the associated smells & atmosphere. More info at:

http://www.kophillclimb.org.uk/#

Gavin

Membership Number: 5260

Re: Kop Hill Climb - 24th & 25th September

This is pre-booked entries only?
The website claims "There is a special area in the paddock that is set aside for any pre-booked display vehicles"

Membership Number: 8946

Re: Kop Hill Climb - 24th & 25th September

Hi Theo,

All the hill climb entries are pre-booked and very little "modern" stuff goes up as it's meant to be vintage/veteran cars, plus some invited "exotic" vehicles.

There are pre-booked "display" vehicles in the paddock area - we haven't got a stand as it was too expensive (and I'd have needed definite numbers - one of my cars doesn't make much of an impact.......).

There are public parking areas & they try to put the classics together on the day to form another display (that's not pre-booked).

I'm just down the hill from this parking area so anyone not wanting to join the public (classic or non-classic) parking is welcome to park near me & might even get a cuppa if they ask nicely Just let me know if you need directions.

Cheers,

Gavin

Membership Number: 5260

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos