FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Events
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brooklands New Year's Day gathering

It was a very good and a well attended event. There must have been well over 300 cars at Brooklands which seemed to be filling so quickly that they started double parking some cars. The weather was very good in the morning and the rain stayed away until about 2:00pm when people started leaving.

There was no FMC presence that I could see and not too many Italian cars in general. Fiat were represented by the members of the Fiat 500 Enthusiasts (http://www.fiat500enthusiasts.co.uk). There were 4 classic Fiat 500s, a 126 and a lovely 850 Coupe. I went in the Lancia Gamma and Lancia were clearly the best represented Italian marque with at least 12 cars.

Photo slideshow at http://www.photobucket.com/bnyd2012/?albumview=slideshow

Membership Number: 8946

Re: Brooklands New Year's Day gathering

peter jones wrote in Avanti, that autoItalia magazine weren`t going, so i guess some people thought the show was off?

Membership Number: yes

It was never an AutoItalia event. I think Peter was simply correcting previous mis-information? The New Year's Day gathering at Brooklands is something that has taken place for many years.

Membership Number: 8946

Hi Theo

That was my 850 Coupe at Brooklands and it was very kind of you to describe it as lovely, especially as I think it needs a fair bit of work! I came with a friend of mine who has an immaculate 500 - he's a member of the 500 Enthusiasts club and they let me park up with them.

I'm not in a club myself but I've been thinking about joining the FMC, and seeing my car in your slideshow will spur me into action!

Hi Tony

I think 850's are seeing a bit of a lift at the moment, have fun with it. Mhat sort of work do you think it needs.
I have a handfull of bits for the series 3's depending on what you need. will you be able to make the brooklands meet on may 5th

regards
Tim
1966 850 coupe s1, 1973 850 spyder s3

Membership Number: 5222

Hi Tim

Good to hear from you. When we spoke at Auto Italia last year you gave me some advice on lowering my suspension and I've since bought a straight front crossmember from Rory - worked a treat. The car sits slightly too high on the offside rear though. Not sure what that could be so next job is looking at the rear suspension.

I also need to sort out some rust, and the interior needs attention too. I'm always on the look out for parts - I'll have to put a list together.

I plan to get to Auto Italia again this year so hope to see you there. It's the only place I get to see other 850s! Saw a nice series 2 in the Goodwood Revival car show, from Cardiff I think. That makes a total of 5 I've ever seen. Would be great to see more on the road.

Tony

Re: Brospeak soonoklands New Year's Day gathering

Hi Tony

I did think we had spoken but i wasn't 100% certain it does look to be riding better in the photos.I would check to see if the o/s spring was sat in its housings at the top and bottom, you will have to undo the shock absorber at the bottom to get the arm down low enough to loosen the spring, take great care with the spring when under any pressure, or check to see if the n/s spring has its rubber base fitted at the top of the spring. Or even if both springs are the same when out.
speak soon
Tim

Membership Number: 5222

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos