FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Events
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chilterns Hill Rally

Anybody else going to the Chilterns Hill Rally Classic car show this weekend near Aylesbury ? Just wondering if its worth turning up.

Membership Number: 10149

Re: Chilterns Hill Rally

Hi Dave,

I booked tickets for 3 cars, so we should have at least 4. We usually have a few booking separately too, as the rally send forms to those who went the year before.

Haven't seen a forecast that far ahead yet, but we are due a sunny one!!!

Cheers,

Gavin

Membership Number: 5260

Re: Chilterns Hill Rally (CANCELLED)

Just heard this is CANCELLED due to a waterlogged field. AND we still have an official drought in this area!!

No more info on whether it will be rearranged or what happens with prepaid entries - will update if I hear any more.

Gavin

Quick update on this:

If anyone has prebooked, keep this year's blue entry ticket. Present it at the rally control tent next year and you will still get the 2012 Chiltern Hills model.

V.impressed that the lady was individually contacting the 1000 pre-booked entries. What a thankless task & big credit to them for doing it!!

Don't forget this year's event is on 19th May 2013.

I have booked a few in, but still time to get your entries in. If you're booking independently, please remember to put Fiat Motor Club on the club entry space or you won't be allowed into the stand area.

More info at http://chilternhillsrally.org.uk/

Gavin

Looks like a nice event BUT

Category F ends at 1996 so a 1998 rare Strada Abarth is not yet acceptable.

I have no basic issue with this other than any car over 25 years old now has to be considered as a "long survivor". Most modern cars struggle to get 10, 15 or 20 years chalked up so 1996 seems to be getting a little out of touch.

Membership Number: 4970

Nick
Looks like a nice event BUT

Category F ends at 1996 so a 1998 rare Strada Abarth is not yet acceptable.

I have no basic issue with this other than any car over 25 years old now has to be considered as a "long survivor". Most modern cars struggle to get 10, 15 or 20 years chalked up so 1996 seems to be getting a little out of touch.

1998 are you sure??!! The Tipo had finished production by then, let alone the Strada.

If you want to bring it, that's fine as part of our display. Please let me know asap though.

I already have a 2013 Panda 4x4 booked in, and have a dispensation for newer vehicles as part of a proper display.

And btw I disagree that 1996 is getting out of touch - that's only 16/17 years ago and considerably newer than many of the less enlightened Classic shows.

Ooops

Type error by me but eligibility issue still stands.

Category F is up to 1986 only.

Later Mk II Strada Abarths / Strada MkIII go beyond 1986.

Membership Number: 4970

Nick
Ooops

Type error by me but eligibility issue still stands.

Category F is up to 1986 only.

Later Mk II Strada Abarths / Strada MkIII go beyond 1986.

There's no problem! Category S covers later ones.

Would you like to bring it along?

Regards, Gavin.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos