FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Events
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Silverstone Classic

Is anybody going/showing? We are hoping to go in the 850 Spider weather permiting

Membership Number: 12303

Re: Silverstone Classic

Yes, in my 124 Spider at the Silverstone Wing end - as far away from those 50th anniversary MGBs as possible! Let's hope that they don't suffer from overheating issues and cause tailbacks like their E-Type 'cousins' did last year.

Membership Number: Yes

How did you get to show your car? Fingers crossed ours will be sat outside the B&B we are stopping at as you head into the village just over the dual carriage way, opposit side of the road to the butchers, couple of houses nearer the village. I will look out for your car, have you been before? We always go to the F1 but this is the first time at the classic.

Colin, There are two ways that I know of i) being part of a pre-arranged club pitch which requires a 'paid-for' club entry and provides additional discounted member tickets. ii) by entering and participating in the 'Retro-run', now 'AA Grand Tour', on Fri or Sat. Also allows a track parade lap on the Sunday. I'll be in the Grand Tour infield parking area.

IMHO its an action packed weekend with as much to see and enjoy off-track as on-track, great atmosphere and easy, paddock access too.

Membership Number: Yes

Had a look at the grand tour but had already booked tickets when I saw it, plus we will have already done a few miles before we get there, shame the club hasn't got a stand but then you can guarantee if they did no one would turn up if it it rains. Michelle won't let her Spider out in bad weather so it will mean we will be in the Qubo if it does rain. Will certainly be looking out for your car. Where are you traveling from?

This is an event we looked at doing but the cost is too high unless we get enough people committed to going. It's not all about cost, but you also need to know you can put on a decent display by which I mean at least 6-8 all weekend.

It's well worth a visit, and it would be good to get a stand one year.

Gavin

Membership Number: 5260

Always seems a bit of a con when they charge you to show the vehicles when they wouldn't have a show without them. I can understand the club not wanting to comit to a stand, as I said the moment there is a bit of bad weather people start to drop out very quickly. I would never drive my Amigo that far and as I said in the earlier post Michelle wouldn't want to leave her 850 Spider sat out in the rain. (Don't think my Amigo is Silverstone show standard anyway)

Fantastic event, historic races on about every 20mins, Michelle's 850 Spider got us there and back no problems (even with all Michelle's luggage!!). Booked our B & B for next year, looks like this could be another anual trip to Silverstone to go with the F1. Who's up for a Fiat gathering? Most things on show, some Fiats from general clubs, 500, Abarth, X1/9 and Mikes 124 Spider, ours wasn't on show but we didn't book till quite late. Plaenty of access to all the pits and a generally good time.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos