FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Events
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
manchester classic car show, Event city,Trafford park,

something for the north west of England and the north, classic car show at Event city, across the road from The Trafford centre, Manchester, on Sept 21/22. Asking for fiat owners who would like to show their car at this show, It`s a indoor show, set-up day is Friday 20th Sept, 3 premier hotels with-in a mile circle, special guests, Autojumble, live workshop demonstrations, Concours competition, next to the Trafford centre, Shopping, various dining outlets, cinema, for the family as well. the organisers, One louder Events, include Andy rouse, and others who, for many years organised The Classic car show at the N.E.C Birmingham, so, they bring a wealth of knowledge to this show. Interested in showing your Fiat? contact Brian Stigant on: 07790350705
5pm onwards please, or 0161 707 1709. Evenings 6.30 onwards.

Membership Number: yes

Re: manchester classic car show, Event city,Trafford park,

Does the club pay for fuel, overnight accomodation and expenses?

Tony

Tony Short
Does the club pay for fuel, overnight accomodation and expenses?

Tony

I guess you're joking Tony, but in case you were serious, no the attendees meet all the expenses.

Membership Number: 5260

No I was being serious Gavin, as other clubs that I belong to do this to encourage members to take part.

Hi Tony,

Sorry I thought it was a joke or sarcasm - we get a fair bit of that.

There are no funds available for those sort of expenses. I have done the NEC show for years & it can be quite costly, but there is nothing the Club can do to help. Most of the membership fees go on Parliamo & the insurance to cover people at these shows, and there is nothing left (much as we would like to help).

If you can suggest a way to raise the money for this though, we are open to suggestions.

Best wishes, Gavin.

Hi Tony,
I would be Interested in joining the classic car club that you are a member of as they pay all expenses to show my car ,this would be for me a huge saving,thank you in advance
Julian..........

Membership Number: 130 coupe

Hi there Julian

Feel free to join

Regards

Tony

Tony Short
Hi there Julian

Feel free to join

Regards

Tony

which clubs are you a member of that pay members to attend shows?
regards
brian

Must be very expensive membership!! £1000's a year to cover all that.
I certainly wouldn't pay to be a member of a club that stumped up all the costs for people attending shows that you couldn't attend. Think someone must be living in dream land.

Membership Number: 12302

fantasy Island motor club

yeah, I want to join!!! Where's my cheque book.

I belong the De Dion Bouton Owners Club and the club pays for all our members to attend our shows.

Tony

What is the annual membership fees?

Hi Colin

Annual membership is £50.00 and this I think you will agree represents excellent value for money

Tony

That is quite amazing. Makes you wonder how they do it and where any additional funding must come from.

That's good for the people attending shows, though I guess only a few of the members benefit from this. It's nice to hear that a Club is able to raise enough to cover those expenses.

If everyone's happy to double their FMC membership fees, we could also fund all the expenses for the attendees at shows - start multiplying £25 by a few hundred and there's plenty in the kitty for shows suddenly. Sadly I don't expect to be killed in a stampede of people saying it's a good idea

Gavin

We are a very active club and have very few (if any) "armchair enthusiasts"
I don't see the point in being a member of a club if you don't get involved.
It's like so many things in life - you only get out of it what you put in

Regards
Tony

the stig
something for the north west of England and the north, classic car show at Event city, across the road from The Trafford centre, Manchester, on Sept 21/22. Asking for fiat owners who would like to show their car at this show, It`s a indoor show, set-up day is Friday 20th Sept, 3 premier hotels with-in a mile circle, special guests, Autojumble, live workshop demonstrations, Concours competition, next to the Trafford centre, Shopping, various dining outlets, cinema, for the family as well. the organisers, One louder Events, include Andy rouse, and others who, for many years organised The Classic car show at the N.E.C Birmingham, so, they bring a wealth of knowledge to this show. Interested in showing your Fiat? contact Brian Stigant on: 07790350705
5pm onwards please, or 0161 707 1709. Evenings 6.30 onwards.

I can confirm the club has a stand at the show 12mx10m with one side against the wall, , members wishing to show their car, should ring me please,

hi to all members, places are still available on the stand, good venue, be good to show the fiat flag in the northwest,
leave a message if I`m not able to answer your call

My Fiat is neither classic nor in a show worthy condition but I will probably take a look at that show as I went to it a couple of years ago and enjoyed it so I'll swing by and say hello!

please do, allways nice to see fellow Fiat owners

if fellow fiat owners are going to this show, there is a discount of £5.00 if bought in advance of the show opening, (otherwise £15.00 on the door) look on the members only section for the code, and how to get the discount.

the stig,
hi to all members, places are still available on the stand, good venue, be good to show the fiat flag in the northwest,
leave a message if I`m not able to answer your call

passes for the cars and the support vehicles came today any owners interested in showing
their cars?

Hi brian, unfortunately my 130 coupe has been sleeping in her heated garage for couple of years now since her failed attempt to get to the NEC show with a none charging issue,even though i have bought all the necessary new alternator/bosch battery etc i simply have to make the time to get the old girl back on the road,good luck with the show im sure with all the member of fmc you should fill the stand .....pencil me in for next year

thanks juilan, hope to get some cars there, look forward to seeing yours next year,

Hi brian,catch up with you at the show what cars will fmc have on the stand

2, panda`s 1, 124 spider (ac)

124 nice , have you tried neil if he will show his 130 saloon prob to far up here ,he may need to show his passport at watford gap services

yes the 124 should be good, have foned neil but had no reply, with the birth of baby daughter his passport has been revoked, so can`t travel outside the M25,

The FMC Stand has moved from hall 4 to hall 3, in the middle so more traffic passing by, we are on stand
H3 CS06, Call by the stand we look normal,

Hi Stiggy, Good luck with the show sorry i cant be there ive just come back from a wet show on the I O W dont think the show permission officer would let me go 2 weeks on the trot regards Steve P.

Membership Number: 10614

thanks steve, didn`t expect you to come up here, as i heard you were going to the I-O-W, So i guessed the show permission officer wouldn`t let you come to your spuirtual home (Eccles is very close to Event city, hope the show went ok despite the rain

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos