FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Events
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEC Restoration Show 12-13th April

The Club has just received confirmation that we are able to have a stand at the new Practical Classics Restoration Show. The show is at the NEC on 12th & 13th April.

More information is at http://www.necrestorationshow.com/

We have been waiting for confirmation for some time, so this is now a bit too last minute for my liking. We do have a plan for display vehicles, but will need some stand helpers - any offers?

The theme is obviously restoration, and we have quite a specific brief as to the display content.

One car needs to be worked on over the weekend, and Pinky the Panda is the obvious candidate. For those who haven't been looking at Parliamo, Pinky is due to be restored for charity (Race for Life and Children in Need). Pinky needs a full restoration, and will start being stripped down at this show. Anyone is welcome to help with this, and of course to donate towards the project.

Another car will be a "barn find", and we have a red Panda 4x4 lined up for this. A 3rd car will be a fully restored one - again there is a Panda lined up for this.

As an example of an unrestored "preserved" car, we will probably have a 127, and there may be room for a resto in progress too (possibly a Topolino).

This should be an interesting show, but helpers will be needed - if you can help on either day, please let me know. You don't need to have any restoration skills - I'll be standing talking to people, NOT wielding a hammer (I say hammer, as I'm very much from the Clarkson school of restoration - no patience, no skill, and hit everything while shouting at it......... ). So there are people needed to talk to folk about the cars & the Club, as well as actually getting stuck in.

I do have discount codes for tickets, but will probably have to restrict these to the members section (I'm awaiting clarification). Please let me know if you want the discount code though. We get tickets for the car owners, so stand helpers should be ok for a ticket to get in without paying.

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Re: NEC Restoration Show 12-13th April

sounds good! I'M IN! ( )

Membership Number: yes

the stig/130
sounds good! I'M IN! ( )

I mean, that's great Brian!

Gavin
the stig/130
sounds good! I'M IN! ( )

I mean, that's great Brian!

yeahhhh! BIG HAMMER! Rupert wants an outing!!

Membership Number: oh yes!

the stig/130
sounds good! I'M IN! ( )

sorry, I`M OUT, can`t make the weekend

Membership Number: yes

After a few problems, we are hopefully good to go...........

Don't forget to come along and see us - hall 1, stand 131

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos