FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Events
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retro Show Santa Pod 22nd June

I am planning to have a stand at the Santa Pod show this year.

More information on the show is at http://www.retroshow.co.uk/index.html

In their own words:

The Retro Show is a classic car and bike show with a difference: Unlike most shows where you park up in a field and sip tea, this is an action-packed day where you can take part in the racing and show & shine whatever type of retro machinery you have.

Retro Show is open to all retro vehicles including cars, bikes, scooters and lorries from the 1950’s to the 1980’s. Featuring: all day RWYB, Drag Demos, Show & Shine, Traders, Auto Jumble, Club Stands, Weekend Camping, Vehicles 4 Sale Paddock, Evening Entertainment, Fun Fair Rides and more.

If fuel injection, traction control, power steering, and 27 different airbags are your idea of motoring hell, then you’ll feel at home at the Retro Show. Here you’ll only find real cars and bikes with real style unmolested by Eurocrats. We are talking dirty-hands motoring for those who know how to check their oil, but like to use their cars on a daily basis too. Sounds good? See you there!

I've been to this show a couple of times, and it really is a great day out. Take warm clothing though, just in case we don't have a heatwave, as it gets very cold there.

You can just wander round 100's of retro cars & watch the drag strip fun, or pay to "run what ya brung" (sic).

Anyone interested please let me know asap - I've applied for a 10 car stand.

Gavin

Membership Number: 5260

Re: Retro Show Santa Pod 22nd June

Hi Gavin,

Pencilled in on the No Skool stand but would be good to have a Fiat stand so count me in

Membership Number: 12048

pete
Hi Gavin,

Pencilled in on the No Skool stand but would be good to have a Fiat stand so count me in

Brilliant thanks Pete - added to the list!

Gavin, I'm interested in this one. With enough drivers I can help to fill the stand too if we need to as we're only a short distance from Santa Pod.

Membership Number: 5328

Nice one Gavin

Sadly we'll be blasting the Italian dolomites on this date. Shame.

Nick

Membership Number: 4970

James Nicholson
Gavin, I'm interested in this one. With enough drivers I can help to fill the stand too if we need to as we're only a short distance from Santa Pod.

Hi James,

Sorry for the delay - I have just received more information from the organisers.

I will be sorting out the "hangers" to get the cars in over the next few days.

If everyone who has expressed an interest sticks to it, we have 8 cars, and space for 10. If it was feasible (and you wanted to), we could put 3 of yours on display James? What do you think & how far away are you?

Many thanks, Gavin.

Sounds like it should be a great stand Gavin.

pete
Sounds like it should be a great stand Gavin.

I hope so Pete.......

I'll pop your Santa Pod "hanger" and Castle Combe ticket in the post for you - still ok for both?

Cheers, Gavin.

To right!

Car's off the road at the moment waiting on parts from Italy but should be ready to roll for the shows.

Sorry you couldn't make it Nick - maybe next year?

Pete, I've posted your Castle Combe ticket, and Santa Pod "hanger". Should be with you by the end of the week.

James, there are 8 cars confirmed, so you could take 1 or 2 if you're available? Just let me know, and I'll pop the "hangers" in the post for you - these get the cars across to the Club area.

Many thanks, Gavin.

Gavin
Sorry you couldn't make it Nick - maybe next year?
Many thanks, Gavin.

Maybe?

June / July is our annual Italian "Fiat holiday". Depending on when we can secure our pets into good care etc. determines the "window" which shifts around from year to year.

I'll try to remember to keep a eye out next year to see if date clashes can be avoided.

Nick

Membership Number: 4970

Thanks Gavin

Gavin,

We're still OK to go. One cars definitely two maybe but will need to organise a lift back for the other half or a driver. I'll let you know by Sunday.

We live five miles away.

James

James Nicholson
Gavin,

We're still OK to go. One cars definitely two maybe but will need to organise a lift back for the other half or a driver. I'll let you know by Sunday.

We live five miles away.

James

Hi James,

Just back from Scotland - quite a journey in a Panda, albeit a modified one!

Bob W has texted to say he's taking a car & you're taking one - I'll pop the hangers for the car in the post tomorrow. If it's successful we'll try to have a bigger stand next year - I was originally going for 15 cars but the minimum 10 started to look dodgy until last week & there's no scope for getting more space this near to the event.

Fingers crossed for good weather!!!

Hopefully everyone has their "hangers" by now. James I'm hoping 2 arrived as the person who dropped out has posted it to you direct?

If I've done this right there is a map below. Just head for the finish line if in doubt & the marshalls will direct you.

The hangers need to be fully completed please, as Santa Pod seem to be stressing this! If you don't have your hanger you won't be able to get across to the display area. Anyone who didn't pre-order tickets can pay on the gate. All the information is on the Santa Pod website - link in the first message above.

Ideally cars should be in place by 10am. A few of us are meeting at 9am at a nearby Tesco to convoy in - let me know if you want to join us. I'm assuming that Bob & James will come in together and that Pete will make his own way as he knows the layout.

Does anyone have any FMC flags or banners we can use outside? As it's a joint stand it would be nice to have something relating to each club?

Should be with you around 10 or just after Gavin.

Gavin, we'll be with you about the same time. James

Great - see you all there.

Planning to get there with a small convoy about 9.30, so in theory(!) we'll be there when you arrive!

Gavin, thanks for organising today's show. Great turn out of cars. Sorry we left early without seeing you - Andrew and Sophie were so tired that they even slept through the jet car demonstration! See you soon. James

James Nicholson
Gavin, thanks for organising today's show. Great turn out of cars. Sorry we left early without seeing you - Andrew and Sophie were so tired that they even slept through the jet car demonstration! See you soon. James

Hi James,

No problem & thanks for coming along. We saw they slept through that, which is impressive even with ear muffs on!

I'm hoping someone will put up some decent photos & I'll try to link them into this thread when I see any.

Best wishes,

Gavin.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos